Area Sales Manager
Company: National Museum of African American Music
Posted on: January 27, 2023
We're looking for an active customer-focused team player with
exceptional sales skills to be the next Area Sales Manager at
NMAAM. You'll be responsible for developing a sales and marketing
plan that includes soliciting new and existing accounts to meet and
exceed revenue targets via outside sales calls, on-site visits and
sales tours, and community networking. This energetic leader will
be able to enhance revenue by researching local market trends and
competition behavior to discover and close business leads. Please
apply today if you have 2 years or more of experience in
hospitality corporate sales or event sales, enjoy taking on new
challenges, and enjoy meeting new people! Compensation for this
role is base plus incentive.
NMAAM is the only museum dedicated to preserving the legacy and
celebrating the accomplishments of the many music genres created,
influenced, or inspired by African Americans. The Museum will share
the story of the American Soundtrack, integrating history and
interactive technology to bring the musical heroes of the past into
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new business, close deals, and increase revenue by
cold calling, on-site visits and sales tours, and community
- Identify new business leads by examining local market trends
and competition activities.
- Establish and grow our market share by developing and
maintaining relationships with major group and catering
- Identifies opportunities to enhance programs and offerings;
develops and implements initiatives to enhance the Museum's
capacity to meet established sales goals.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the Museum, both
orally and in written form to previous, current and potential
- Establishes and maintains trust and rapport with clients
through appropriate coordination of new and existing accounts to
promote repeat business.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to
- Assists with the development of sales plans, policies and
procedures; assists with efforts to market and promote services,
programs, and offerings.
- Attend local trade shows, community events and industry
- Resolves customer complaints and assists with monitoring the
quality of customer service operations.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of
solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate
various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Compiles reports regarding sales activities and monitors
progress toward established sales goals.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to all departments in the Museum to ensure high quality
of service to customers.
- Provide hands-on assistance with event logistics and
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports
and file maintenance.
- Participate in business review meetings, pre-event meetings,
training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED, Bachelor's degree in business or
related field preferred
- Two or more years of hospitality area sales experience directly
related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Essential prior experience in the field of hospitality with
specific experience in event/catering sales a plus
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of NMAAM to
serve both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Conducts self in a professional manner; maintains appropriate
- Follows and supports policies and procedures of NMAAM.
- Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style
to achieve mutual goals.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Timely follow up and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills demonstrated through clear,
concise verbal and written communication
- Ability to act as ambassador of NMAAM and demonstrate
confidence in knowledge of the history, brand values, vision, and
- Outstanding negotiation ability
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- Substantial portfolio of successful event and group sales
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business
- Able to oversee multiple projects independently
All Staff Duties:
- Serves as leader to assure strong communications between NMAAM
and all external constituents.
- Actively seeks to learn the history of NMAAM.
- Supports and promotes the museum's mission.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special
- Attend staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NMAAM is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: National Museum of African American Music, Nashville , Area Sales Manager, Sales , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!