Front Desk Agent-Flexible Schedule
Company: 21c Museum Hotels
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DescriptionIf you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with
the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you.
The starting wage for this position is $18 per hour.Reports To:
Front Desk Supervisor/Front Office ManagerSupervises: None General
Purpose: With the goal of providing a superior experience, the
Front Desk Agent is the face and voice of 21c, involved in any and
all aspects of the guest experience. The Front Desk Agent is
responsible for knowing all property services and amenities,
welcoming guests, checking guests in and out, in addition to
coordinating guest experience prior to arrival.Specific
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving,
departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely
information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person
inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for
arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and
computerized methods, in order to ensure guests are satisfied and
in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by
following established manual and computer procedures in order to
close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest
accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash
handling methods and established procedures in order to present the
customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and
maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in
person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates
and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell
room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all
in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and
concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on
- Accepts incoming calls, assists outgoing calls, scheduling,
setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with
timely and efficient service.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains
complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel
bank agreement policy.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all
- Processes all guest mail, messages and faxes: receives, sorts,
notifies and distributes to guests in order to ensure the
information is received by the guests in the most timely and
accurate method possible.
- Stays up to date on gift shop merchandise, provides guests with
information and processes gift shop sales.
- Relays art exhibition information to guests.
- Contributes and maintains established information and
communications sources such as department and front desk log books
in order to enhance department communications and operations.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to
contribute to the best overall performance of the department and
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed
necessary by management.Qualifications:
- Knows standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of
computerized cash register systems.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written
instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to
communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a
variety of customer service problems, including stressful and
highly emotional situations.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute
written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple
- Standard office equipment including but not limited to:
telephone, copier, cash register, PC, fax machine, and PBX
- Must pass a background check.Education/Formal Training
- High School diploma or equivalentExperience
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public
and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.21c
Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available
Keywords: 21c Museum Hotels, Nashville , Front Desk Agent-Flexible Schedule, Sales , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!