Sales & Cash Audit Analyst Sr.
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company OverviewDollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200
company with more than 14,500 retail locations in 44 states, 15
distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission
of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic
atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all
while keeping our customers and communities at the center of
everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth
and development career opportunities through award-winning training
and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply
today and let's grow together!Job Details
- Act as a primary contact for testing critical financial
systems, including point of sale releases. Responsible for
collaborating with IT and other groups on the agreed-upon changes,
assisting in the development of test plans, and ensuring successful
financial system testing. Ensure accuracy of systems integration
and ensure systems behave as requested by user requirements. Ensure
Sarbanes Oxley compliance and internal audit requirements are met
throughout detail testing. Evaluate systems testing processes and
make recommendations to streamline and re-design processes for
presentation to IT teams.
- Develop tools (using Microsoft Access and Excel) for Sales and
Cash Audit to use to provide data, improve efficiencies and/or
support new initiatives.
- Complete period close tasks including journal entries, sales
and tender analysis, review procedures, management reporting and
- On an on-going basis, evaluate business policies, procedures
and systems to calibrate to current and future business needs while
leveraging existing assets.
- Assist with various other projects as determined by business
needs from time to time including budget preparation and monthly
- Computer knowledge. Ability to utilize Microsoft Office
applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) at an
intermediate level or better. Knowledge of AuditWorks, ReconNET,
Lawson GL, and/or WebFocus is a plus.
- Communication skills. Ability to communicate (written and
verbal) in common language to facilitate transfer of
- Accounting knowledge. Basic understanding of accounting terms
and concepts including journal entries, reconciliations, and
- Analytical skills. Ability to analyze large amounts of data and
summarize into a meaningful format
- Collaboration skills. Ability to work with others on a common
goal while also ensuring projects meet financial requirements. Must
have the mentality to step into the details when necessary and
assist in resolving any issue facing the Company
- Organization and multitasking skills. Ability to manage
effectively multiple time-sensitive projects to desired results.
Willingness to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, General Business or
Computer Science required.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience required. Preferred experience in
general accounting, financial analyst, or financial systems
- Experience in a fast paced retail support environment preferred
but not required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
substituted.We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here
to get started.
Keywords: Dollar General, Nashville , Sales & Cash Audit Analyst Sr., Sales , Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!