Customer Services Representative
Posted on: January 16, 2022
AMSURG, the Envision Healthcare solution for ambulatory surgery
centers (ASCs), collaborates with physicians and health systems
across the country to provide and promote quality patient care. We
are the nationally recognized leader in the strategic and
operations management of ASCs that deliver high quality, high
value, same-day surgical services with a superior patient
experience. Launched in 1992 as an ASC industry pioneer, AMSURG is
currently partnered with nearly 2,000 specialty physicians
providing outpatient surgical services in more than 250 facilities
in 34 -states.POSITION SUMMARY:We have an exciting opportunity
available on our team for an experienced Customer Service
Representative in our Central Billing Office (CBO) located in
Nashville, TN. The Customer Service Representative on our team is
responsible for handling a variety of customer service calls in a
prompt and courteous manner, answering patient questions, and
-resolving reported issues regarding patient accounts, payments,
and services.This -Customer Service Representative position is
offered on a hybrid remote schedule, enabling Customer Service
Representative to work from home and in the Nashville office up to
a few days per week with management discretion.Quarterly Bonuses
are available for all eligible Customer Service Representative
associates! To qualify, you need to meet performance and production
metrics and achieve collection goals, with incentives that range
based on production.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CUSTOMER
- Take patient demographics and other patient information as
- Review explanation of benefit (EOB) documentation and notate
accounts on collection activity to perform account resolution.
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness, obtaining
any missing information.
- Review Patient Payment Estimators, relaying that information to
- Collect patient payments in accordance with payment due dates
and establish payment plans within approved guidelines as
- Complete and mail required patient statements, returning mail
in a timely manner.
- Create an atmosphere of comfort and peace, making it easy for
the patient; the patient is our first business.
- Answer all phone calls within 2 minutes of calls hitting the
- Answer and end all phone calls within set dialogue parameters
established by leadership, answering on average 55 calls per
- Attend in-services, seminars, and webinars for additional
education and performance improvement.
- Adhere to Information Security Policies and ensure that AMSURG
remains as secure as possible.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.QUALIFICATIONS OF A
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:To perform this job successfully, a
Customer Service Representative must be able to perform each
essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner,
and listen attentively to others.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to deescalate and remain positive in all situations with
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1+ years' experience in customer service or a call center
environment, preferably in a high production healthcare
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products and
- Customer Service Basics or equivalent training
preferred.Effective November 1, 2021, AMSURG's Vaccination Policy
requires all teammates, including clinicians and independent
contractors, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of
employment or engagement. Regardless of position, all new hires
must submit proof of vaccination and or obtain an approved medical
or religious exemption as a condition of employment. This policy is
designed to protect the health and -safety of our patients,
communities, and each other.Must pass a background check and drug
screen.We are an equal opportunity employer. -We do not
discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis
of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin,
religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set
forth in federal or state regulations. -Apply Now! Come Join our
Team!We offer Competitive Pay and Work/Life Balance/Paid Time
Keywords: AMSURG, Nashville , Customer Services Representative, Sales , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!