Avionics Service Technician Lead
Company: TARCG - The Aviation Recruitment & Consulting Grou
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Our client is the largest avionics service center in the MidSouth,
is an award-winning FAA Authorized Repair Station that sells,
installs, maintains and repairs avionics systems for business jets,
turboprops and piston engine airplanes of all ages. They offer a
complete product line-up authorized by every major brand. This is a
rare opportunity to join a dedicated team committed to the highest
quality workmanship, integrity and customer satisfaction, and to
join an established company with renewed vigor and growth under new
ownership. SUMMARY OF THE ROLE Our client has an immediate need for
an Avionics Service Technician. The Avionics Service Technician
Lead, under minimal supervision, tests, troubleshoots and repairs
avionics equipment and electrical components. This includes
troubleshooting of installations and systems and complete
functional testing of avionics and electrical systems. In this
role, the Avionics Service Lead performs basic task such as using
hand tools, soldering, wiring repair, and use of test equipment.
This role reports to the Avionics Service Manager. This Avionics
Service Lead will be experienced enough to work not only alone in a
productive, self-driven way, but also act as part of a team with
one or two other team members to help others develop and perfect
their avionics service skills. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring
diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair avionics equipment and
accessories, in aircraft and on the bench. Identify and correct
electronics failures in various airframes using hand tools, test
equipment, technical documents, and technical reference
- Communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and manufacturers in
a timely, effective way.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Assure repairs are done in accordance with procedures described
in the company's FAA Repair Station Manual as well as with FAA
Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good
decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting
and discrepancy resolution - to maximize quality and efficiency and
adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety and
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in
using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and
within aircraft continuously throughout the workday. KEY
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Passion for aviation, learning, innovation and
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a self-directed
- Willingness to work alongside others in the team - as part of
the team - and lead by example
- Ideally, ability to lead/mentor others in team to foster their
professional and technical skills development.
- Integrity, trustworthiness, work ethic, good judgment and
- Professional appearance, demeanor and presence.
- Customer service orientation, attitude and demeanor.
- Computer usage expertise, including MSFT Office & EBis line of
business software (training provided for EBis).
- Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass drug test, as required by FAA, and pass
criminal/background check. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required Experience: Minimum of three years of work experience
in a general aviation aircraft modification/completion/repair
- Preferred Experience: At least five years of successful
avionics installation, repair or maintenance experience with deep
knowledge of Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Honeywell, Avidyne, Aspen
Avionics, Bendix-King and/or other leading avionics brands.
- Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Education: College / university degree or two years
of accredited schooling in aviation electronics.
- Preferred Credential: Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET)
Certificate by National Center for Aerospace and
- Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
- Preferred Credential: FAA Mechanic / Repairman's Certificate
with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings.
- Other Preferred Credential: FAA Licensed Pilot, preferably with
an Instrument Rating. COMPENSATION At our client's company each
associate is a valued resource. They offers a stable yet exciting
environment that has fostered a surprisingly long tenure for their
team members. Contributing to this inviting workplace is a
compelling overall compensation package that includes:
- Competitive wages with bonus potential.
- 401(k) retirement program with generous company match.
- Group health insurance and Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Access to group life, short-term disability, and long-term
- Reimbursement program for on-the-job tools.
- Discounts on their Avionics products and services for personal
use. This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services
advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, cabin mechanic,
aircraft mechanic, avionics, sheet metal worker, engineer, A318,
A319, A320, A321, DC-9, MD-80, MD-90, CAE, B1, NDT, sheet metal,
B2, B1.3, B757, B717, B737, B757, B767, EMB 145, EMB 135, MD -11,
jet2, Cessna, Kind Airs, management, captain, cabin crew, first
officer, quality, ATR, airworthiness, safety, manager, composite,
technician, avionic, aw139, aircraft technician, stores, flight
attendant, operations, aircraft fitter, B1 engineer, flight
dispatcher, maintenance, Embraer, painter, aircraft engineer,
instructor, logistics, camo, fitters, cabin mechanic, director,
A&P mechanic, airframe mechanic, OEM, MRO, Cessna 441, Cessna
Conquest II, Cessna 414, Cessna Chancellor, Cessna 404, Cessna
Titan, Cessna 402, Cessna Titan, Cessna 210, Cessna 172, Cessna
172RG, Cessna 152, Beech, Cessna, Cirrus, Mooney, Piper
Keywords: TARCG - The Aviation Recruitment & Consulting Grou, Nashville , Avionics Service Technician Lead, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!