Information Security Analyst
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Information Security Analyst I within the Monitoring and Response
contributes to a variety of global enterprise information security
support of the Chief Security Officer. The Analyst I will have
past roles the ability to work effectively with limited supervision
related tasks and projects, drive results, and build positive
with coworkers and meet program objectives. This individual will
have a key
role in supporting one or more of the following enterprise security
- Information Security Monitoring & Analysis
- Information Security Incident Response
- Investigations & Data Forensics
- Vulnerability & Exposure Management
- Cloud Security
- Penetration Testing & Technical Control Verification
incumbent will play a strong role in daily operations pertaining to
correlation, identification, and analysis of indicators of
inappropriate activity. This individual should have a solid but
technical experience performing intrusion detection, log analysis,
vulnerability management. This role will perform operational roles
of enterprise vulnerability management, penetration testing, and
part of the Asurion Global Security Services offering. The analyst
also have an expectation of delivering capability and functionality
Asurion cloud space.
Analyst I will have a high level of collaboration with other
Analysts within IT
and extensive involvement with our IT Operations, Application
Cloud Governance organizations. The ideal candidate will have a
in complex problem solving, ability to challenge assumptions and
alternative perspectives, think quickly and perform in high-stress
and operate well in a strong team environment.
- Operates and monitors network intrusion detection and
sensors and other information security monitoring
- Collects, assesses, and reports upon relevant threat
intelligence / actionable security information and appropriately
- Performs analysis and response to Tier I security relevant
alerts and events.
- Assesses network traffic patterns and session data for
indicators of malicious activity with assistance.
- Plays a strong supporting role in prompt and effective
response to information security incidents.
- Performs operational assessment, prioritization, and
remediation of enterprise vulnerabilities and exposures.
- Generates, edits, and delivers reports derived from
tools and Security Operations activities.
- Support of forensic investigations and penetration testing
- Supports the automation and improvement of the overall
security posture at Asurion.
- Assists with executing remediation plans for any gaps
reported in audits or recommended process improvements that effect
information security services.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding
security practices and standards; participating in educational
reading professional publications; maintaining professional
participating in professional organizations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, or related field desirable, practical experience plus
certifications may be considered.
- MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related
- One or more years of progressive experience in computing
information security, including experience with Internet
technology, issue resolution and leading teams in a cross
- GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, or other security related
- Basic understanding of core network protocols (TCP/IP,
DHCP, DNS, etc)
- Familiarity needed with several key security technologies:
SEIM Tools (Splunk, ArcSight, LogLogic), Network Intrusion
Prevention Tools (TippingPoint, SourceFire, Snort, CheckPoint IPS
NetWitness, MIR) DLP packages (Symantec Vontu), Host IDS, AV &
management, network anti-malware (FireEye, Palo Alto), Forensic
- Familiarity with common OOP languages desirable (Python,
Java, C#, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are
- The ability to operate under ambiguous circumstances,
address uncomfortable issues and leverage data to make informed
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation),
interpersonal and consultative skills are required.
position requires some weekend and evening assignments as well as
during off-hours for participation in scheduled and unscheduled
two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry
globe. The Company provides premier support solutions to enable
optimum use of
technology; digital applications to protect their privacy and
and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning
Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies, retailers and
providers enabling them to focus on their businesses and to provide
that delight their customers. Asurion's 16,000 employees worldwide
in fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique
innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean
principles. We encourage creativity from our architects and
every step of the way, working with various teams including
experience, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams
enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough
that our work
makes a tremendous impact.
Keywords: Asurion, Nashville , Information Security Analyst, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!