Construction Inspector - Transportation Market
Company: Gresham Smith
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the community through solutions that support the safe and efficient movement of goods, services and people. Responsibilities:
- Observe and inspect construction work and prepare daily inspection reports and constructability reviews. Typical duties include oversight of daily construction work including earthwork, erosion control, reinforced concrete, and equipment installation.
- Observe construction work in progress to ensure performance with specifications and contract documents. Review coordinated sets of working drawings. Analyze shop drawings of moderate complexity. Maintain daily job log. Refer and report problems and deviations from plans and specifications to management. You will also take part in reviewing submittals, assisting with RFI's, and other related activities.
- Knowledge of construction techniques, design , TDOT Specifications and documents. Familiarity with standard operations, policies and procedures of a firm, preferably within the A/E industry. Ability to learn on the job through observation of others and asking questions.
- Familiarity with or the ability to learn how to use tools and equipment such as, but not limited to, air meter, slump cone, transit, level, and tape measure. Ability to use a computer for keying information and reporting when applicable.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently. Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented, as well as communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Job Requirements:
- High school diploma (GED) and a minimum of 2 years of construction/inspection experience on roadway projects is required.
- Prefer experience on TDOT or municipal roadway projects requires daily records and reports on asphalt paving , concrete work , grading, structural work, and erosions control .
- Licenses/Registrations/Certifications: TDOT CEI Certifications are a plus. May be required to participate in certification and training courses post-hire as required by OSHA, TDOT , or client-specific requirements. Such certifications could include concrete, asphalt certifications, erosion control, and safety training.
- Not required but strongly prefer Level 1 and preferably Level 2 of the state's Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control (EPSC) Training Program.
- Physical demands: Frequently required to sit and use hands to operate, handle or feel objects, tools, or equipment. Ability to talk, see and hear, and reach with hands and arms, walk, stand, or stoop. Frequently required to lift or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally over 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Work Environment: Field outdoors; exposed to environmental elements to include humidity, dust, noise, various temperatures; work in various high traffic areas.
- Use of personal protective equipment required and provided by firm. Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITHS hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.
Keywords: Gresham Smith, Nashville , Construction Inspector - Transportation Market, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!