Commercial Door Installation/Service Technician
Company: T.W. Frierson Contractor
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Date Posted: 10/13/2023Location: Nashville, TNSalary Interval:
HourlyPay Range: N/A Application InstructionsPlease complete the
general application questions. You may attach your cover letter and
resume if you wish. We will contact you by email if we are
interested in beginning the interview process with you. Our
interview and selection process typically follows these steps:
- Phone Interview with Talent or Hiring Manager
- In-Person Interview with Hiring Manager
- Reference Checks
- Employment Offer Extended
- Employment Offer Accepted
- Post-Offer Qualifiers (Criminal Background Check, Driving
Records Check, Pre-Employment Drug Test)
- First Day & Orientation ScheduledBenefits and supplemental
- Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, identity
theft, and AFLAC insurance
- Health savings account
- Dependent care flexible spending account
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee stock ownership program (no cost to employee)
- Company apparel program
- Annual bonus
- New hire safety & zero incident safety bonus program Position
DescriptionJob Summary: This position holds responsibility for
taking down used commercial doors and/or equipment and installing
new commercial doors, operators, loading docks, dock levelers, and
other related equipment. Additionally, this position provides
multiple door maintenance services after installation, including
inspection and troubleshooting.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install and adjust commercial doors, operators, and equipment
(hinges, door sections, rolling steel, torsion springs, dock
equipment, locks, etc.) using power tools and hand tools.
- Troubleshoot equipment, mechanisms, mechanical systems and
electrical circuits of commercial doors using appropriate tools,
hardware, and equipment.
- Perform service, maintenance, and repairs of commercial doors,
loading docks, and general warehouse equipment.
- Perform safety hazard assessments and maintain a high standard
of safe work practices and quality control.
- Prepare materials and hardware prior to assembly.
- Move supplies, materials, and equipment from one area of
project site to another either manually or using
- Assemble hoisting equipment or rigging as needed to move
- Signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position
- Operate and work from mobile elevated work platforms.
- Verify trueness/accuracy of structures.
- Perform related work-in framing, build-in's, and
- Fabricate metal parts or trim according to drawings or
instructions by supervisors.
- Avoid damage to company and client property and loss of unused
- Dismantle structures or equipment.
- Perform clean-up of work area debris.
- Provide information and recommend services to Service Account
- Assist supervisors in orienting and training new
- Perform additional assignments at supervisor's direction.
Position RequirementsKnowledge, Experience & Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid, state-issued driver's license with good driving record
and current DOT physical
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a commercial door
installer/technician or similar background
- Experience highly preferred in welding, steel fabrication and
- Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics is preferred, but not
- Ability to compare and see differences in the size, shape, and
form of lines, figures, and objects
- Ability to read and understand construction measurements,
quantities, scales and dimensions
- Ability to picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams
- Must have basic competencies in mathematics and be able to
perform math operations rapidly and accurately
- Ability to plan work and select proper tools and materials
- Ability to work within precise limits standards of
- Ability to complete service reports and parts ordering.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions
- Ability to work well under time constraints and without
- Ability to operate equipment as well as manual and power tools
typically used by door installers/technicians in commercial
- Current OSHA Construction 10-Hour certification
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, at least eight hours per
day, five days per week between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 3:00
p.m. Ability to work on Saturdays and Sundays as needed to meet
project schedules and demandsTravel Requirements:
- Daily travel to various job site locations within 100-mile
radius of office
- Occasional to frequent travel to various project locations
requiring an overnight stayPhysical Demands of Job:
- Ability to work outdoors and indoors without temperature
- Ability to work at a minimum height of 30 feet
- Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10
to 25 pounds of force frequently, or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects without assistance from other personnel
or lifting equipment
- Constant standing, frequent walking, occasional
- Ability to maintain balance while walking and working on
scaffolds and ladders
- Ability to reach for, grasp, and manipulate construction
materials and tools
- Ability to see well (naturally or with correction) Equal
Opportunity Employer T. W. Frierson Contractor, Inc. is committed
to providing equal opportunity to all its employees and applicants
for employment under the requirements of all federal, state and
local laws. It is the Company's policy to recruit, hire, train,
compensate and promote all its employees and to administer all
other personnel policies without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, sex, age (40 and over), national origin, pregnancy,
handicap or disability, personal genetic information, veterans'
status, or any other status or category protected by federal, state
and local laws.PIb659bf386776-31181-33076962
Keywords: T.W. Frierson Contractor, Nashville , Commercial Door Installation/Service Technician, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!