Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Plant Controller position is a key leadership role within
the designated manufacturing plants leadership teams. Supporting
the day-to-day operations of the accounting and finance department
and responsible for accurate reporting of month-end financial
statements while implementing strategic operational internal
control processes. This position is responsible to meet the goals
and objectives of the organization by functioning as a business
partner with plant, sales, and financial leaders. Responsibility to
oversee the execution of financial processes, policies, and
programs personally and through their team. Primary
- Analyze and accurately report current months financial results
to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with
corporate format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting
on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory and reported results.
Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Lead financial staff at the plant, accountable for plant-level
responsibilities which may include general accounting, payables,
order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business
analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and computer
- Perform audits to ensure product costs are accurate and
accounted for properly, report audit results.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory using available data from
production, shipping, and other activities. Analyze potential
excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Prepare monthly reports of results, forecasts, annual operating
plan, and strategic planning.
- Attend daily production meetings. Perform periodic walkthroughs
of the Plant with the Director of Operations to discuss production
and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, materials,
manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the
integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the
company's value. Responsible for internal controls at the plant for
operations, sales, and finance.ProAmpac Perks: ProAmpac is building
a wellness culture through its PRO360 initiative: An interactive,
fully integrated wellbeing program designed to engage, encourage,
and reward all team members on their personal pathway to better
health, wealth, growth, and community involvement. Our goal is to
ensure 100% of team members achieve a basic level of wellness.
Additionally, subject to applicable eligibility requirements, we
offer full-time employees a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) with exceptional company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO), plus 11 holidays per calendar
- Free life and short-term disability insurance
- Wellness, employee discount and rewards programs
- Tuition reimbursementAbout the company ProAmpac is a leading
global flexible packaging company with a comprehensive product
offering. We provide creative packaging solutions, industry-leading
customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global
marketplace. We continue to grow and would love for you to join our
team! At ProAmpac, our culture is key to our long-term success. We
strive to be authentic as we live out the heritage of our small
business culture. We value the connections weve created, and our
employees feel empowered in their shared efforts to innovate
successfully. ProAmpac was founded on the idea that a focus on
material science will drive innovative and sustainable solutions
for our customers, supported by our five core values Integrity,
Intensity, Innovation, Involvement, and Impact that foster a
culture of speed, simplicity, and self-confidence. Our company is
made stronger by challenging ourselves and each other, while we
move what matters forward. With a focus on performance and a
passion for our work, we are not bound by organizational hierarchy.
We are committed to serving our customers and the communities in
which we work and live.By joining us, you become an integral part
of an entrepreneurial company in a fast-paced, exciting environment
that provides varied opportunities for professional and personal
growth. #URGENT The successful candidate will meet the following
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Five 5 to ten 10 years' experience as plant controller or cost
manager in a manufacturing environment of similar size/scope, with
emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft or similar ERP experience a
- Solid working knowledge of financial processes and related
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power
Point), Visio, Teams and Outlook.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects privacy of
- Exceptional time management and organization skills. Ability to
manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously establishing
priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able
to identify problems and needs and develop solutions and/or
- Self-confident, self-motivated, polished professional who
thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
Keywords: PROAMPAC, Nashville , Plant Controller, Professions , Cottontown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...