Company: Aston Carter
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Client is looking for Logistics Assistants to help launch a new
team in Downtown Nashville, TN Position: Logistics Assistants
Location: Nashville, TN - HYBRIDHours details are
below!Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Continual, tactical communication with external customers
(Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail,
Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be
required to create a narrative outlining your weekly findings and
the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business
needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.
- Lead initiatives to re-engineer business processes and identify
and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency
in transportation operations.
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in
the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and
follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel,
Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad
hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Develop performance metrics to assist with driving business
- Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for
the tech teams who create and enhance the software systems and
tools we use.
- Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the
trends and make decisions that make sense based on available
- Fielding escalations from dispatchers, drivers and customers.
Ex. Pepsi and Coca Cola will reach out and ask where their
- Fielding external calls from stake holders
- Service transportation execution.
- Service level agreement to respond to customers in a specified
- Will help coordinate shipments and problem solve to get trucks
to customers quicker if one breaks down or is lost in
transit.Training Hours: M-F shift between 7am - 6:30pm (8 Hour
shift). This will be the first 2-3 weeks. After Training Hours:
must be open to all shifts listed below: Sunday - Wednesday / 9am
to 7:30 EST Wednesday - Saturday / 9am to 7:30 EST Basic
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, or
- MS Office experience required, with intermediate level in
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologiesPreferred
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics or related
- 2+ years work experience in logistics/transportation
- Expertise in MS Access and SQL
- Proficiency in Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience in manufacturing, transportation, customer service,
and/or distribution environments.
- Data management & data quality control experience with
experience pulling and analyzing large sets of data
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive root cause
elimination and process improvement.
- A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the
trends in it!Experience Level:Entry Level About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never
contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never
solicit money from you. At Aston Carter, we're dedicated to
expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who
power our business. Our success is driven by the talented,
motivated people who join our team across a range of positions -
from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of
our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career
success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth
is limitless. Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading
staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and
premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America.
Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our
clients' capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions
to address today's workforce challenges. For organizations looking
for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals,
visit . Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global
leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity
employer and will consider all applications without regards to
race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would
like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the
modification or adjustment of the job application process or
interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email for
other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about
this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom
of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for
questions about this position.
Keywords: Aston Carter, Nashville , Logistics Assistant, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...