Land Survey Technician
Company: AEI - American Engineers, Inc.
Posted on: November 27, 2022
The AEI culture is not built upon a name. Our culture has been
built on people by design. We put people first because they
represent the face of AEI whether dealing with clients, teaming
partners, the community, public officials, or community residents.
Every day they reinforce the values that form the AEI culture.
AEI is looking for qualified surveyors to add strength and depth to
our core team and accommodate our growing business.
AEI is looking for an entry to mid-level candidate for a Field
Survey Technician at their Glasgow, KY location.
Responsibilities and Duties*
* Learning the instruments and skills of Land Surveying either
through mentoring or education.
* Ensure the preparation of accurate, complete, and value-added
work products by: completing and improving assigned portions of the
document delivery process as directed.
* Performing the necessary research and analyses to deliver work
accurately and completely checking work before it is reviewed by
* Performing minor survey computations.
* Ensure timely document delivery by: completing assigned tasks on
or ahead of schedule and understanding individual activity
schedules as it relates to overall project status.
* Completing assigned tasks on or ahead of schedule.
* Maintaining continuous, open communication with survey manager
and other team members.
* Using available technology appropriately.
* Tracking time accurately.
* Ensures survey vehicle & survey supplies stay stocked and
notifies appropriate personnel when supplies are low
* Ensures all survey equipment is loaded and unloaded on a daily
*Qualifications and Skills*
* Basic reading, writing, and math skills as would be expected of a
high school graduate
* Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle a plus
* Willingness to work out of town during the week
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Entry-level to four years related experience required
* Ability to travel throughout Kentucky, Indiana, and elsewhere as
* Flexibility with work schedule, i.e. 4 days Mon-Thurs @ 10 hours
with occasional Fridays/Sa as needed
*Physical Requirements and Working Conditions*
* Routinely lift 25 pounds, but about once a week may be required
to lift 50 pounds.
* Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and
environments: i.e.: Construction Sites, Cityscapes, Mountains of
Eastern KY or the Low Lands of Western KY and everything
* Other physical requirements - squatting, kneeling, climbing,
walking certain distances.
*Benefits and Perks*
AEI offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps
safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings
options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to
full time employees:
* Medical and Dental Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
* 401-k Retirement Plan
American Engineers Inc. is committed to equality of opportunity in
all aspects of employment. It is the policy of American Engineers
Inc. to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all
employees and potential employees without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic
information, physical or mental disability or any other legally
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: AEI - American Engineers, Inc., Nashville , Land Survey Technician, Professions , Glasgow, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!