Posted on: November 27, 2022
Texas MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, provides services
for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and
medically complex needs.
*As a Handyman/Maintenance Worker, you will ensure all grounds and
equipment are in good working order to maintain a safe, attractive,
and enjoyable living and working environment for the individuals we
* Oversee ongoing preventative maintenance of multiple
programs/offices across an assigned region.
* Plan and schedule work assignments to accomplish workload with
available resources and equipment. Coordinate with outside
contractors to ensure quality of work delivered. Analyze and
resolve complaints pertaining to services, and equipment in area of
* Communicate departmental procedures for maintenance and operation
of buildings. Maintain the building and grounds in compliance with
Federal, State, and local laws.
* Repair and maintain kitchen, housekeeping, and other mechanical
equipment, including heating and air conditioning units,
electrical/plumbing fixtures, painting, and laundry equipment.
* Draft plans for building needs. Read blueprints and implement
work accordingly. Wire buildings for computer networking. Inspect
and repair all damages to building surfaces.
* Plan and direct inventory control program for equipment, parts,
and supplies. Oversee the establishment of accounts with material
vendors. Order and maintain necessary maintenance supplies.
* Maintain appliance motors, room exhaust fans, pumps and
miscellaneous equipment on a monthly basis or as recommended by the
* Work with building inspectors, fire marshals, and vendors.
Maintain fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors, and
fire pull. Assist with safety and disaster plans as
* Maintain operational records, data, and monitor and enforce
observance of safety regulations.
* Perform other related duties and activities as required.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* One year related experience
* Working knowledge and ability to handle all maintenance and
* Current contractor license as required by state
Why Join Us?*
* Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+
* 401(k) with company match.
* Paid time off and holiday pay.
* Rewarding, complex work adding value to the organization's
mission alongside a great team of co-workers.
* Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and
*We have meaningful work for you - come join our team -* *Apply
* Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based
specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live
a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality
services and individualized supports that lead to growth and
independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or
behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for
more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to
innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.*
* Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets*
* Job Type: Full-time Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour Schedule:
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday Work Location: One location
Keywords: Sevita, Nashville , Maintenance Associate, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!