Traveling Superintendent - Large Commercial Construction
Company: Michael Page International Inc.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
- Manage day-to-day Construction field activities to ensure that
project milestone dates and overall schedule completion dates are
- Travel throughout the country, getting flown back home every 2
- Review blueprints, customer needs and contractor submissions in
order to execute appropriate bids.
- Lead team with construction project planning and developing
- Monitor subcontractors to ensure quality workmanship and safety
guidelines are met.
- Utilize good time management to ensure timely completion of
- Keep daily and weekly work logs.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Work directly with investors at times and maintain a
professional and client facing attitude.
- Ensure proper signage is posted on the construction job site,
and safety requirements are met.
- Review bids for work, as well as supervising the inspection of
- Schedule inspections as needed along the jobs site.
- Maintain as strong a relationship as possible with local
municipalities for potential future construction business.MPI does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an
individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable
federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from
minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other
- Proven ability to deliver commercial construction projects on
time and on budget.
- Must be able to work in a multiple-project environment.
- Ability to read and understand plans.
- Located in the Midwest (Chicago/Indiana/ability to TRAVEL)
- Technical understanding of residential construction including
building codes, trade sequencing, and best building practices.
- Capable of problem solving and experience with complex detailed
- Work with subcontractors, suppliers, utilities, city
inspectors, organize and direct activities concerned with their
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures,
performance, and quality standards within boundaries of company
policy and contract specifications.
- Monitor and control project through managing the construction
schedule and directing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure
project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations, anticipate project
delays, monitor job site safety, and implement corrective
measures.Our client has offices throughout the US. They know
construction market and have collaborative relationships with
business leaders, municipalities and community groups. Those strong
connections make the development, design and construction process
easier for their customers and lead to positive outcomes for the
communities in which we live and work. For our client, construction
is about more than just bricks and mortar - it's about creating
top-quality, enduring spaces where people can thrive. They don't
simply rely on our deep construction know-how, they incorporate
insights gained from their experience designing and operating
buildings to create a better end result - greater impact and
lasting value for their customers.
- Competitive base salary
- Individual performance bonus.
- Company performance bonus.
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Life & disability insurance.
- Travel per diem package.
- Travel stipend in addition to per diem.
- 100% coverage on lodging/hotels and logistics
- Vehicle allowance.
- 15 days PTO, + more company sick days.
- Quick yet effective on-boarding and training program, you will
NOT be micromanaged.
- Ability to be based anywhere in the United States
Keywords: Michael Page International Inc., Nashville , Traveling Superintendent - Large Commercial Construction, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!