Traveling General Superintendent - Healthcare Construction
Company: JE Dunn
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Select how often (in
days) to receive an alert: This position reportd to JE Dunn's
National Healthcare Group and will require 100% travel to the job
site location within the United States. Best people + right
culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn's strategy for
success. By hiring the best people we can find, giving them
interesting and challenging work, and letting them share in the
company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in our
industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get
the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document
collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We
make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the
best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives
through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired
people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core SUPERINTENDENT FAMILY - CORE
- Leads all aspects of the company's safety culture and creates
awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment
through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates
safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Provides management of subcontractors and organization of the
overall job and workflow.
- Manages and oversees company staff, subcontractors, suppliers
and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project
or a major portion of a larger project.
- Develops work plans for subcontractors and self-performed
- Coordinates and manages the care, custody and control of the
- Leads various meetings including daily standup and weekly trade
- Attends, manages and participates in appropriate progress
and/or project OAC meetings.
- Creates, manages, changes and implements the project's schedule
as needed, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- May be responsible for tracking and monitoring project budget
and costs by using the project management system's cost reports and
data from the project manager.
- Communicates key project information to owners, design team,
governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers and other
- Follows the project filing and documentation organization
system as dictated for the project. Updates drawings, logs, diaries
and inspection notebooks.
- Approves and/or records unit cost information for weekly
reports and completes daily reports, logs and tracking
- Evaluates progress on self-perform work and make adjustments as
- Manages material and equipment needs for the project.
- Supports the MOC (Material and Other Costs) and DLSC (Dunn
Logistics Service Center) procurement and approval processes.
- Assists in the selection of the formwork, tools and equipment
necessary to complete self-perform operations.
- Manages timecard approval process to ensure reporting of
accurate hours and proper cost codes.
- Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications,
setting quality standards, in-house QA/QC and outside
- Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch
activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect
and governing authorities.
- Gains understanding of the project pursuit process and
- Participates with the field operations leadership and the
project team to put together a project pre plan; implements,
monitors and adjusts as needed throughout the project
- Partners with field leadership to establish field staffing for
their assigned project.
- Partners with project management to identify schedule and costs
associated with project changes.
- Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and
architect to gain agreement for project changes.
- Participates with the project team in preparation and
presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly
review process and other key project meetings.
- Participates in the project buy out meetings with
subcontractors and vendors.
- Understands and applies the terms and conditions of the owner
and subcontractor contracts for the project.
- Responsible for identifying and recruiting top talent.
- Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and
inclusion within JE Dunn.Understands JE Dunn's policy of
non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation
throughout the organization. Key Role Responsibilities - Additional
Core GENERAL SUPERINTENDENTIn addition, this position will be
responsible for the following:
- Manages the largest, most complex stand-alone and/or multiple
complex projects from initial planning to completion.
- Provides management and/or oversight to multiple projects and
- Provides input, leads and executes company and regional key
- Participates in the development of relevant company training
content. Responsible for the selection and development of internal
subject matter experts.
- Effectively delivers leadership messages to multiple audiences
both internally and externally. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of
construction management to projects.
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports
the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software
- Proficiency in required JE Dunn construction technology
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate
future work through building relationships (Advanced).
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available
- Ability to understand document changes and impact to the
- Knowledge of layout skill (Advanced).
- Knowledge of crane flagging and rigging (Advanced).
- Knowledge of productivity rates and cost management skills
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally. Education
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or
related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant
experience will be considered. Experience
- 12+ years construction experience.
- 10+ years field supervision experience.
- Experience leadingLean principles on projects(Preferred).JE
Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity
to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected
category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free
workplace.JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a
reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit
your request firstname.lastname@example.org JE Dunn Construction
Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or
agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn
Construction without a prior written search agreement will be
considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction
Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.Why People Work HereAt JE
Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their life
and the lives of those around themBuilding on our rich history, our
employee owners are shaping the future of JE Dunn. In our
team-focused environment we do life together and are generously
rewarded for our effortsAbout JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction
is a family and employee-owned general contractor with expertise in
construction management services, design-build, and integrated
project delivery. We deliver transformational solutions to our
clients with certainty of results in our pursuit of building
- 90+ Years of Construction Experience
- 22 office locations coast-to-coast
- Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
- Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general
contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
- Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering
- 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE DunnJE Dunn participates in
the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. If
playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. More
videos You're signed out Videos you watch may be added to the TV's
watch history and influence TV recommendations. To avoid this,
cancel and sign in to YouTube on your computer. Switch camera Share
Include playlist An error occurred while retrieving sharing
information. Please try again later.
Keywords: JE Dunn, Nashville , Traveling General Superintendent - Healthcare Construction, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!