Company: Lee Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Summary of Job:
Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems, pipe
supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam,
hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and
industrial production and processing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but are not limited
* Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and
equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders,
according to specifications.
* Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions and to
ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural
* Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid
interfering with activities of other workers.
* Cuts, threads, and bends pipe.
* Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes,
tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and
* Connects pipes, using arc welding, threaded, caulked, soldered,
brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
* Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and
* Installs and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic components of
machines and equipment such as pumps and cylinders.
* Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning
systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and
hydraulic controls, and piping.
* Increases pressure in pipe system and observes connected pressure
gauge to test system for leaks.
* We be required to read and follow blueprints and determine what
material, tools, and equipment will be needed to complete
* Will be required to work independently and be able to keep from
one (1) to three (3) apprentices productive. May be required to be
crew leader, overseeing from one (1) to ten (10) fitter/welders and
* Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
* Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to troubleshoot service issues with systematic,
thoughtful, timely and effective solutions and procedures
* Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related
* Experience in providing quality, professional customer related
* Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as well
as in a team environment
* Ability to handle disruptions in stride with professionalism.
* Ability to work independently in commercial and residential
Lee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran
status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and
Keywords: Lee Company, Nashville , Construction Pipefitter, Professions , Brentwood, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!