Company: Storage Rentals of America
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionBecome the newest member of our exciting team at
Storage Rentals of America (SROA) as we redefine
self-storage!Storage Rentals of America was founded in 2013 and
through an aggressive growth strategy, we have grown to over 250
locations across 17 states. Our mission is to provide affordable,
clean, and secure self-storage facilities in the communities we
serve. We strive to ensure superior customer service and great
value for our customers.At Storage Rentals of America, we offer a
career with opportunity to grow. We strongly believe in developing
our talent and promoting from within.The Maintenance Technician is
responsible for maintaining the physical condition of a portfolio
of properties according to company operating and safety standards
and ensures that service requests and repairs are performed
correctly and in a timely manner.Duties and responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance per the property Preventative
Maintenance Schedule which includes Access Gates, HVAC and building
- Conduct routine repairs including ceiling insulation, light
bulbs, door springs, rubber gaskets and latches.
- Complete light electrical work including replacement or repair
of lights, fixtures, switches, timers, photo eyes, ballasts,
- Perform HVAC maintenance including cleaning and replacing HVAC
Filters, replacing thermostats, etc.
- Maintain property exteriors and parking areas. Install parking
bollards and covers. Temporary cold patch repair of asphalt
potholes. Landscape work includes removal of trees, tree limbs, and
- Minor non-structural carpentry and plumbing repairs including
removal/installation of storage walls to create larger or smaller
spaces as directed, minor repairs of roofs, building fascia and
- Oversee and approve work of outside vendors as assigned by the
- Review JIRA ticket system and unrentable list. Schedule repairs
as necessary and close tickets timely.
- Maintain company maintenance van and ensure all equipment is in
good working order. Keep company maintenance unit clean, organized
and secure at all times.
- Purchase parts and supplies as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned. Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years' experience in maintenance role performing a
combination of Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC. Electrical
and HVAC certification preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with internal and
- Ability to solve problems. Must be able to work independently
and as a part of a team.
- Good working knowledge of health, safety, and OSHA
- Must be willing to complete pre-employment background check and
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.Working conditionsThe job
requires a person to perform maintenance and repair work indoors
and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Physical
requirementsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of their job.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly. Ability to walk and stand
for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach, push, pull, kneel, bend, crawl and climb to
perform repairs in tight and confined spaces.
- Manual hand dexterity required to operate tools and light power
- Ability to safely operate Company Van.
- Basic computer skills for data entry multiple computer
- Competitive hourly pay with bonus potential
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Generous 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off
- Work life balance with no evening hours and Sundays off
- Learning and development opportunities to maximize your
- Great Culture
- Opportunity to work independentlyWe are an equal employment
Keywords: Storage Rentals of America, Nashville , Maintenance Tech, Professions , Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!