Business Process Analyst
Company: Educational Media Foundation K-LOVE & Air1 Media N
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Are you passionate about improving business processes? Do you
love details and tying them into the bigger picture? Does the
thought of contributing to a ministry that shares the hope of
Christ with whole world inspire you? Do you love details and tying
them into the bigger picture?
Educational Media Foundation (EMF) is a nonprofit, multi-platform
media company on a mission to draw people closer to Christ. Founded
in 1982 in Santa Rosa, CA, with a singular radio station, EMF today
owns and operates the nation's two largest Christian music radio
networks (K-LOVE and Air1) with over 1,000 broadcast signals across
all 50 states, streaming audio reaching around the world, and a
growing family of media ministries including podcasts, books,
films, concerts, and events. EMF employs nearly 500 team members
between its offices in Nashville, TN, Rocklin, CA, and field
locations around the country. You can view our mission and values
There's a lot of cool things that we love about our culture, but
one of the coolest things is that everyone here is on-fire for our
mission. Our environment is casual yet passionate, ministry focused
yet fun. We combine the best of both the ministry, broadcast, and
Depending on your years of experience we are looking for a Business
Process Analyst III, IV or Sr. who has the heart of a servant
leader. A person who can objectively identify areas of improvement
and clearly explain why change is needed.
If you're thinking right now that I'm talking about you, read on
and apply because we need you on our Business Operations Services
This is a full time, hybrid role based out of our office in
Here's what you will be doing:
- Utilize your experience with business process improvement to
help establish a Center of Excellence and foundation for the
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Business Operations
Services and senior-level Analysts to build an atmosphere of
mentorship, business process standards, and support for team
- Proactively help with defining change management strategy,
performing gap analysis, analyzing current-state, defining
future-state, and developing appropriate transition states.
- Determine and create appropriate documentation at the
appropriate level based on the audience.
- Approach your work both from a highly detailed and an
overarching Ministry-wide perspective, with the ability to move
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Business
subject matter experts, and Software Developers to create or
improve business automation for manual processes.
- Utilize knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma and process modeling best
practices; knowing when bending methodology structure is applicable
and when it's not.
- Help create and maintain a transparent, business knowledge
inventory available to all staff.Here's what we need from you:As a
successful candidate, you are:
- A Servant Leader. You have a heart of servitude, focusing on
the needs of others. You acknowledge other people's perspectives,
give them the support needed to achieve their goals, involve them
in decisions where appropriate, and build a sense of community
within the team. You possess a collaborative and flexible style as
a team player, with a strong service mentality.
- An internal champion. You ensure those not present (business or
technology) are brought in or have their perspective considered in
- A problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view
each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach
challenges creatively, but methodically.
- Inquisitive. You are curious and ask questions often. You're
hungry to learn new things and understand complex problems. You
have a desire to learn how things are done and that drives you to
look for ways to improve and streamline existing processes.
- Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping
complicated technical information that often leaves others lost
whether it's product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you absorb
it quickly and are ready for more.Still interested? If so, here's
what we're looking for---
- 4+ years of experience with business process improvement;
utilizing some combination of defining, measuring, analyzing,
improving, and controlling business processes.
- Applied knowledge of business process modeling/improvement
methodologies such as ITIL, Six Sigma, and Value Stream
- Possess a basic knowledge of lean enterprise concepts, able to
identify nonvalue-added elements and activities and able to use
- Experienced with process mapping, data collection plans and
techniques, understanding variation, and visually displaying
- Experienced with displaying data visually, cause and effect
analysis, and verification of root causes
- Experienced with brainstorming, selecting a solution, and
- Strong ability in assessing the results of process improvement,
statistical process control overview, and documenting
- Experience working directly with senior level executives to
gain trust, influence, and establish consistent rapport for
business process management.
- Employ a collaborative and flexible style, with strong service
mentality. Must be a team player and leader.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop
sincere business/ministry relationships. Exhibit emotional
- Persuasive and patient manner with the demonstrated ability to
"bring calm to chaos".
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
with the ability to clearly communicate with leadership, business,
and technical staff.
- Excellent technical documenting skills; particularly with using
Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and cloud- based collaboration and
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work
independently and as part of a team
- Possess the ability to adapt to new organizational areas
quickly and easily.
- Bachelor's degree, or combination of education/training with
- Lean/Six Sigma Green, Black or Master Belt, certification
- BPM Certification a plus
What we can offer you:As the nation's largest nonprofit Christian
Broadcast/Media organization, we provide a competitive salary - and
that's not all! Our Total Rewards package also includes outstanding
medical, dental and vision protection, as well as a robust 401K
plan. You will have access to a wide variety of programs to help
you balance your work and personal life, including a generous paid
time off policy, learning, growth and advancement opportunities.
Even better, we have some cool not so usual benefits, like the
ability to pray openly, be plugged in at Christian concerts, and
represent our ministry at industry networking opportunities.
EMF uses E-Verify to verify the right of all new employees to
legally work in the United States.
Keywords: Educational Media Foundation K-LOVE & Air1 Media N, Nashville , Business Process Analyst, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!