CDL B Transportation Officers w/Passenger Endorsement - Up To $2,500 Sign On Bonus
Company: TransCor America LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Now Hiring Transportation Officers! SUMMARY:The Transportation
Officer is responsible for ensuring that all trip activity is
conducted in accordance with TransCor America (TCA) policies,
procedures, state and federal laws, applicable CCA policies and
procedures, and Customer contract requirements. This position is
also responsible for the safe and secure management of the inmate,
detainee and/or resident population and trip movement. Follows
sound correctional and transportation industry practices. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS:The successful applicant must be able to perform ALL of
the following functions at a pace and level of performance
consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Responsible for the safe and orderly operation of the assigned
trip in a manner that promotes public safety, staff safety and the
secure and humane environment for inmates, detainees and/or
- Communicates and supports the vision of TransCor America, LLC
and ensures alignment with TCA goals.
- If qualified, may be assigned as the Assistant Officer in
Charge (AOIC) on trip activity unless otherwise directed by their
- Monitor and supervise inmate, detainee, and/or resident
activity per TCA policy. This includes listening to complaints and
effectively resolving disputes or problems, taking corrective
action, protecting inmate, detainee and residents rights, and
completing all required documentation in accordance with TCA
- Follow sound safety practices and ensure that any injuries or
accidents are reported in a timely and accurate manner per TCA
policy. Take appropriate action in cases of serious or unusual
incidents and emergencies circumstances.
- Conduct pre- and post-trip inspections and briefings as
required. Maintain and promote effective communications and the
proper flow of relevant information to management and fellow team
- Respond to verbal/written inquires and requests in a timely
- Maintain communication with Trip Management throughout the
routed trip. Consult with Trip Management and/or Field Office
Supervisor personnel in assessing situations and making decisions.
Will not deviate from planned trip route unless cleared and/or
directed by proper TCA authorities.
- Complete preventive maintenance of equipment and ensure
readiness of restraints, weapons, OIC kits, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure effective management and control of resources to include
inmate/detainee and/or resident medications and property.
- Maintain appropriate relationships and communications when
dealing with fellow staff members, all customer agencies and
inmates, detainees and/or residents.
- Application of restraints and the Use of Force will be strictly
followed according to TCA policies and customer contract
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed
- Must achieve and maintain Officer in Charge (OIC) certification
to be eligible for assignment as an AOIC. JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Superior interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with
diverse personalities, interact tactfully, display maturity and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must meet the standards of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety
- Demonstrate sound problem solving, decision making, and use of
- Meet or exceed contractual requirements of work location to
include, but not limited to background screening, substance abuse
testing, security clearance, certifications and licenses.
- Ability to travel in a high stress environment for long periods
What We Offer:
- Weekends, holidays are required, flexible schedules available,
occasionally overnight trips are required
- Sign On Bonus - Varies by location, maximum of $2500
- Pay is dictated by the Service Contract Agreements (SCAs) for
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life, Supplemental Life,
- 401k with Company match up to 5%
- Subsidized pay
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week regardless of time actually
- Advancement opportunities
- Referral Bonus - Varies by location, maximum of $3000
- Shifts are not defined; varies by facility and demands
- Paid Time Off
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- Safety Bonus
- Orientation Pay
- Per Diem Pay
- New, clean equipment
- Holiday Pay QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience in prisoner transportation or related field
- Possess a valid Class A or B driver's license with airbrake and
passenger endorsements. TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Orientation training as specified by TCA policy 3-11.
- Annual recertification and in-service training as specified in
TCA policy 3-11.
- Any additional training as deemed necessary. Call 615-206-2081
or Apply Online Today!Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: TransCor America LLC, Nashville , CDL B Transportation Officers w/Passenger Endorsement - Up To $2,500 Sign On Bonus, Professions , Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!