PLC Maintenance Technician - Hiring Immediately
Company: Champion Petfoods
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that
we are looking for an Electrical/PLC Technician to join our rapidly
growing company. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food
sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of being The
Global Leader in Advancing Premium Food for Pets. If you are
passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself
as a key player contributing to our continued success by working in
our award-winning company - we would love to hear from you. Summary
The Electrical / PLC Technician has primary responsibility for the
troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of all PLC's and electrical
equipment in the Auburn, KY manufacturing facility. Electrical /
PLC Technicians perform work of high skill in the inspection,
calibration, repair, installation and removal of all electronic and
electrical kitchen equipment and systems. This position is required
to work in collaboration and co-operation with the Maintenance
Manager to ensure that relevant work schedules/orders are created
and completed on time, and within budget. Supports company
initiatives to achieve goals and objectives set by our BAFRINO
mandate and the Champion Petfoods vision "to be trusted by pet
lovers worldwide". This position reports to the Maintenance
Supervisor, and is based out of our facility in Auburn, KY.
- Perform regularly scheduled checks of PLC's and electrical
systems to ensure proper functioning and system operations.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic
systems and diagnose problems with limited supervision
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all electrical
inventories, including placing orders for parts and/or
- Maintain an accurate and complete log of PLC and electrical
repair and maintenance work activities
- Liaise with co-workers and with staff of other departments in
order to co-ordinate work activities within and between
- Consult with Maintenance Manager to resolve work/staff issues
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance of
corporate policies, practices and procedures regarding health,
safety, and environmental.
- Perform other work assignments, as requested or required
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent qualification.
- Electrician/PLC certification, license, degree, or
- 5+ years of work experience as an Electrical / PLC Technician.
Proven ability to develop sound understanding of the safe handling
and use of electrical repair tools and equipment, as well as
ability to troubleshoot and repair PLC/Electrical systems.
- Understand piping and instrument diagrams, signal flow
diagrams, wiring diagrams, panel drawings, one-line drawings, loop
sheets and wire lists
- Possess strong analytical, mathematical and scientific aptitude
and the patience to pursue complex problems methodically
- Self-directed, with ability to work successfully both
independently and within a team environment
- Highly flexible, with ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Good organizational abilities, including planning and execution
skills, with strong attention to detail in all areas of work
- Ability to deal with people and/or diverse groups with
sensitivity, tact, diplomacy and professionalism
- Competent in the use of basic computer programs and experienced
with programming Allen-Bradley PLC driven machinery Benefits/Work
- $28.73 - $31.55/hr, plus $0.50/hr shift differential, and
- 2nd shift: 4pm - 2:30am, available to work other shifts as
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Proper use of safety equipment will be required, e.g.
steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Willing to work overtime as required
- Work activities will include both indoor and outdoor
- Regularly required to work at heights; fall arrest training to
be provided by the Company
- Manufacturing plant working conditions, with exposure to dust,
noise, odors and/or fluctuating temperatures Champion is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Champion Petfoods, Nashville , PLC Maintenance Technician - Hiring Immediately, Professions , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!