Amazon Warehouse Assistant
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Amazon Sortation Center Warehouse AssociatePay rate: Up to
$17.50Job OverviewYou'll be part of the dedicated Amazon team that
is the first stop on the journey from the warehouse. Our
fast-paced, physical roles take place in a sortation center. You
will be sorting, scanning, and stacking packages on pallets,
helping to get customer orders ready for delivery. Because most of
the shifts are part-time, you are in control of your schedule
choosing shifts that work best for you now and the ability to
adjust your schedule in the future, as needed.Duties &
- Some of your duties may include:
- Receive and sort inventory
- Get customer orders ready for delivery
- Use technology like scanners, computers, and handheld
- You'll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where
applicable)What it's like at an Amazon Sortation Center
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide
protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You'll be working around moving machines - order
pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for
long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary
between 60--F and 90--F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot
days, temperatures can be over 90--F in the truck yard or inside
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing
protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety.
Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required. Depending on the role
or location, Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the
purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day
on the job.Why You'll Love this Job
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Depending on where you work, schedules may
include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or
part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working
additional hours if needed.
- Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you. Shifts may
include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend. You
can even have four-day workweeks, three-day weekends - and with ,
you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our
employees and offer a variety of free training and development
programs, and we also have tuition support options for select
employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you'll learn
how to use the latest Amazon technology - including handheld
devices and robotics.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support
each other.Why You'll Love Amazon Many of our jobs come with great
benefits - including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for
the future, and opportunities for career advancement - all in a
safe and inclusive environment that's been ranked among the best
workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the
role, work schedule, or location, and can include the
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance ProgramLearn more about Amazon Benefits and
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to
understand and adhere to all job requirement and safety
guidelinesHow To Get StartedYou can begin by applying below. If you
need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring
process, you can find support here: .Amazon is committed to a
diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national
origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, please visit .
Keywords: Amazon, Nashville , Amazon Warehouse Assistant, Professions , Burns, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!