Special Equipment Technician Journeyman
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Special Equipment Technician Journeyman
- 2104991Job Facilities and MaintenancePrimary Location
TN-Nashville-Medical Center North (MCN)Organization Medical
Equipment 111260Shift First ShiftJOB SUMMARY:Provides inspection,
routine maintenance and repair to systems and specialized equipment
services by the SER shop.Position Shift:
- FirstKEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installation, repair and maintenance of all aspects of the
- Pneumatic tube system including but not limited to tube carrier
delivery stations, multi-port diverters, central interchange
systems (DAZZLE), operating software, etc.
- Access control systems to including but not limited to badge
reader systems, keypad systems, garage entry systems, etc.
- Closed circuit camera system including but not limited to
cameras, lenses, and media storage devices.
- Automatic door operators to including but not limited to
sliding doors, swing doors, revolving doors and power assist
- Fire alarm systems including but not limited to analog systems,
addressable systems, pre-action systems, gaseous suppression
systems, and dry systems.
- Patient beds both electric and non-electric.
- Sterile processing equipment including but not limited to
aerator cabinets, autoclaves (both steam and electric), cart
washers, and conveyor systems.
- Heliport fuel delivery systems including but not limited to
pumps, piping, alarm systems, underground storage tanks, user
delivery systems, etc.
- Medical gas storage and delivery systems including but not
limited to medical gas delivery outlets of all types.
- Bulk trash and linen delivery systems.
- Medical waste sterilization system.
- Process steam equipment or systems including but not limited to
flow meters.Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:Located
in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of
teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of
individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of
changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be
valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It
is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they are part of something that is bigger than
themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle
for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to
advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient
care, education, and research.VUMC Recent AccomplishmentsBecause we
are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and
research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and
metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of
the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty
programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe
Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the
Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric
specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired"
hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great
Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health
Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100
Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the
to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School
of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their
peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a
row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ
Healthcare Equality.High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent
experience) and 5 years experienceLicensure, Certification, and/or
- Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise
levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85
decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation
Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Special Equipment Technician Journeyman, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!