Tank Farm - Material Handler
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Tank Farm - Material Handler
Call Jeanette at (844) 856-1131 or click APPLY BELOW
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join
Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and
ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our
customers teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business
At Univar Solutions, we re building on our more than 90 years of
experience and drawing on deep resources inventory and logistics
experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and
marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched
portfolio to solve customers formulation and operational
challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you ll play an
important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
The Material Handler is required to unload inbound package
inventory using a forklift, hook up the proper hoses and tanks to
offload inbound bulk inventory, put the packaged inventory away in
the warehouse, if needed, breakdown the pallet and put away the
inventory by hand. The position will assist with the picking of and
staging of packaged orders, the filling of drums and totes. Perform
tasks safely and in a manner consistent with Univar Solutions
procedures. Communicates information effectively to internal Univar
Solutions team members and external customers in a professional
manner which contributes to servicing the customer and
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proper handling and management of bulk liquids such as
flammable, hazardous, and non-hazardous products and wastes as
scheduled or required.
- Monitor and remove all flammable, hazardous, and non-hazardous
products and waste from line side and move to designated
- Placement and inspection of all containers used in bulk
repackaging as needed in support of production.
- Responsible for routine maintenance, safety checklists,
inspections and record keeping.
- ssist other team members as needed (including plant trash and
- Report all recognized unsafe conditions or acts.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- Plant and outdoor environment
- Ability to respond to emergency response situations
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to operate all warehouse equipment
- Operate all available equipment (forklift, tugger, etc.) in
adherence with training procedures and company policies.
- Must thrive in a team-based organization, detail oriented, and
- Ability to work multiple shifts if needed.
- Strong work history a must
- Good written, mechanical and communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. This job description is subject to change at any
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical,
dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much
Keywords: Univar, Nashville , Tank Farm - Material Handler, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!