Mechanical Specialist - Outside Sales
Company: Anvil International
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Mechanical Specialist - Outside Sales20210035 Anvil
International/Smith-Cooper International is a premier services and
solutions provider of valves, fittings, and supports. The company
provides product solutions globally to more than 4,000 customers
across diverse end markets that include mechanical/HVAC,
industrial, fire protection, oil and gas, commercial and
residential construction, agriculture, food and chemical processing
and waterworks. The company has headquarters in Commerce,
California and Exeter, New Hampshire, and ISO 9001:2015 certified
manufacturing facilities in PA, TN, IL, TX, AL, NJ and RI as well
as international manufacturing partners. Mechanical Specialist We
are seeking a dynamic individual to fill our Outside Sales opening
for a Mechanical Specialist that needs to be based in the
Southeast. The territory will cover TN, AL, LA and MI. Primary
sales are directed toward established distributors within the
territory. Working under the direction of the Regional Sales
Manager, the Mechanical Specialist is provided the opportunity to
learn or expand upon his/her knowledge of the water distribution
industry and sales knowledge/strategies, all while earning a
competitive base salary plus commissions. Company car and full
benefit offerings make for a well-rounded total package for the
right individual. Responsibilities
- Manage and grow sales in assigned territory.
- Call on end product users to promote new and existing product
lines and develop favorable specification position.
- Provide complete service to established distributor network
including: quotations, product training, technical and literary
support, product complaints, inventory maintenance and delivery
- Perform product training for end users and distributors to
promote advantages of grooved products and enhance specification
- Develop cooperative relationships with key distributors and end
user personnel to enhance product demand.
- Establish sales goals and specification bid opportunities and
provide complete project information, including price
- Provide after sale service support, including warranty and
- Actively participate in trade organizations to promote
- Continuously update end users database for territory.
- Provide Corporate Sales office with monthly sales forecast and
market overview. Required Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years outside sales experience in the
HVAC, Plumbing and/or Fire Protection industry or related field
(construction, piping, etc.).
- A strong understanding of the Mechanical Market.
- Requires strong analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, decision making and ability to
plan and accomplish required goals.
- Valid driver's license with no major violations.
- Ability to cover large geographical sales territory by car
- Intermediate computer experience with particular proficiency in
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoints programs.
- High level of outgoing interpersonal skills and ability to
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements and the ability to
deliver presentations to large groups. Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business, engineering,
communications or related field.
- Mechanical aptitude. Primary work days will be Monday through
Friday; work hours will vary based on customer hours and may
require overnight travel. Evening customer meetings and/or
entertainment may be required during sales travel. This position
works out of a home office. Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran statusPI129803407
Keywords: Anvil International, Nashville , Mechanical Specialist - Outside Sales, Professions , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!