QC Field Control - Nashville TN
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Business Unit: Job Summary:
Responsible for quality control/monitoring the activities of
construction contractors to ensure residential and commercial
construction projects or system maintenance activities are
completed in accordance with established standards. Responsible for
performing field quality control audits across the region in
support of plant constructions, BAU activities, new builds,
residential and MDU, hyper-build, commercial SMB, Metro-E, EPON and
fiber deep. Performs quality control on any weather related,
disaster recovery work or storm damage. Administers aspects of
construction activities, including materials, labor, and resource
allocation planning as well as timely project activity reporting.
Acts as lead in teams and projects and has strong project
management skills. Has developed knowledge and skills in own
discipline and is able to effectively manage multiple projects that
are occurring simultaneously. Works with moderate guidance in own
area of expertise. Must have exceptional communication skills and
the ability to engage with highly technical individuals as well as
customers that may have little technical knowledge. Quality control
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties
such as: placing hardline cables, frame and strand poles, transfer
facilities between poles, place cable in trench, and safe operation
of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to
project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs,
and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits
to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in
regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory)
are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials,
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Performs quality control to ensure projects are meeting current
specifications that will change based upon the architecture being
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Job
- Bachelor?s Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience Additional
Skills:-Field Quality Control experience a plus-Field Construction
experience-Strong skills in presenting ideas verbally and through
written communication and delivering presentations.-Ability to
build relationships with cross functional leaders and drive shared
outcomes-Ability to travel as needed to support storm related
recovery projects (up to 40%)
?Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Keywords: Comcast, Nashville , QC Field Control - Nashville TN, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!