Company: DCI Donor Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
DCI Donor Services is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic
team member to join us to save lives! Our mission at DCI Donor
Services is to save lives through organ donation and tissue
donation, and we want professionals on our team that will embrace
this important work! We are looking for a Materials Associate that
will be responsible for maintaining the receipt, shipment, and
storage of all incoming specimens and donated human tissue.
COMPANY OVERVIEW AND MISSION
For over four decades, DCI Donor Services has been a leader in
working to end the transplant waiting list. Our unique approach to
service allows for nationwide donation, transplantation, and
distribution of organs and tissues while maintaining close ties to
our local communities.
DCI Donor Services operates three organ procurement/tissue recovery
organizations: New Mexico Donor Services, Sierra Donor Services,
and Tennessee Donor Services. We also maximize the gift of life
through the DCI Donor Services Tissue Bank and Tennessee Donor
Services Eye Bank.
Our performance is measured by the way we serve donor families and
recipients. To be successful in this endeavor is our ultimate
mission. By mobilizing the power of people and the potential of
technology, we are honored to extend the reach of each donor's gift
and share the importance of the gift of life.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. With the help
of our employee-led strategy team, we will ensure that all
communities feel welcome and safe with us because we are a model
for fairness, belonging, and forward thinking.
Key responsibilities this position will perform include:
The required shift for this position is Friday-Sunday, 6:00 AM-6:30
- Receives, inspects and inventories incoming materials,
including donated human tissue, review required paperwork, enter
into electronic database, and add into inventory.
- Accessions all specimens coming into area. Prepares specimens
and generates necessary paperwork for transfer to reference
laboratories for further testing.
- Maintains freezer inventories. Moves human tissue from
quarantine freezers into processing freezers.
- Discards tissue unsuitable for processing at the request and
approval of quality systems.
- Notifies the appropriate quality member of any discrepancies or
missing paperwork required for the receipt of material.
- Initiates supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) and
non-conformance reports as appropriate. Works with the compliance
team to investigate and close these reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a laboratory, tissue baking or
related field, preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
applications. We offer a competitive compensation package
- Up to 176 hours (22, 8-hour days) of PTO your first year
- Up to 72 hours (9, 8-hour days) of Sick Time your first
- Two Medical Plans (your choice of a PPO or HDHP), Dental, and
- 403(b) plan with matching contribution
- Company provided term life, AD&D, and long-term disability
- Wellness Program
- Supplemental insurance benefits such as accident coverage and
- Discounts on home/auto/renter/pet insurance
- Cell phone discounts through Verizon
**New employees must have their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine
by their potential start date or be able to supply proof of
You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon successful submission
of your application. The next step of the selection process will be
to complete a video screening. Instructions to complete the video
screening will be contained in the confirmation e-mail. Please note
- you must complete the video screening within 48 hours from
submission of your application to be considered for the
DCIDS is an EOE/AA employer - M/F/Vet/Disability.
Keywords: DCI Donor Services, Nashville , Materials Associate, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!