MUSEUM PROGRAM ASSISTANT - 09142023-50464
Company: State of Tennessee
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Information State of Tennessee Job Information Opening
Date/Time Thur 09/14/2023 12:00AM Central Time Closing Date/Time
Wed 09/27/2023 11:59PM Central Time Salary (Monthly) $3,150.00 -
$4,733.00 Salary (Annually) $37,800.00 - $56,796.00 Job Type
Full-Time City, State Location Nashville, TN Department Tennessee
State Museum LOCATION OF (1) POSITION TO BE FILLED: TENNESSEE STATE
MUSEUM, MUSEUM ADMINISTRATION DIVISION, DAVIDSON
COUNTYQualifications Education and Experience: Graduation from an
accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree.
Necessary Special Qualifications: A valid motor vehicle operator's
license is required. Examination Method: Education and Experience,
100%, for Preferred Service positions.Summary Summary: Under
immediate supervision, is responsible for professional public
contact and informational outreach work of routine difficulty in
cultural/educational research and conducting historical state
tours; and performs related work as required. Distinguishing
Features: An employee in this class is responsible for conducting
historical state tours, presenting educational programs both at the
museum and at other sites and events. This class differs from that
of Museum Program Coordinator in that an incumbent of the latter
leads the non-technical research of museum exhibits and historical
sites, including providing information to the public, and is not
routinely responsible for conducting historical state
tours.Responsibilities Interpreting the Meaning of Information for
- Presents interpretive tours and educational programs of the
Tennessee State Museum exhibits and the Tennessee State Capitol.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Delivers accurate and engaging program presentations.
- Communicates with teachers and outside public in scheduling
tours of the State Museum, Capitol, and Military Branch
- Attends and performs educational activities at scheduled
- Interacts with legislative officials and office employees.
- Displays a friendly and welcoming manner to all visitors.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships:
- Works in close communication with other Museum department
- Assists with Museum departments task as assigned.
- Enters information on tours and scheduling as assigned.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates:
- Works in close communication with coworkers and supervisors
about educational programs.
- Notifies Public Programs coordinator regarding any problems
with tour groups or scheduling. Training and Teaching Others:
- Conducts educational programs at teacher workshops as assigned
by supervisor. Scheduling Work and Activities:
- Schedules events and programs using VISTA computer
- Meets assigned deadlines for tasks or notifies supervisor if
there is any difficulty in meeting deadlines. Getting
- Talks to teachers and general public obtaining information for
- Researches history and culture of Tennessee as assigned.
- Locates objects for demonstration and other educational
programs. Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or
- Assesses the age and knowledge level of tour participants in
order to present age and knowledge appropriate activities and
interpretations, including special needs groups. Performing
- Performs filing, copying, and other miscellaneous clerical work
as assigned by coordinator.
- Assists with maintenance of educational materials such as
lesson plans and traveling trunks. Thinking Creatively:
- Develops and creates new educational programs such as
clipboards and traveling trunks as assigned by supervisor.
- Evaluates and suggests improvements to existing museum
educational programs. Interacting With Computers:
- Uses computer to produce schedules, written essays, and other
clerical information as required by supervisor.Updating and Using
- Reads historical information to expand knowledge of
Tennessee-related historical events, and applies to tours.
Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment:
- Drives museum passenger van.Competencies Competencies:
- Strategic Agility
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Energy and Drive
- Action Oriented
- Organizational Positioning
- Personal and Interpersonal
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Focus
- Peer RelationshipsKnowledge:
- Customer and Personal Service
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Social Perceptiveness
- Time Management Abilities:
- Oral Comprehension
- Oral Expression
- Problem Sensitivity
- Time Sharing
- Written Comprehension
- Written Expression
- Trunk Strength
- Auditory Attention
- Speech Clarity
- Speech RecognitionTools & Equipment
- Personal Computer
- Fax Machine
- Copy Machine
- ScannerTN Driver Standards State of Tennessee positions that
may involve driving responsibilities require candidates to meet the
following minimum driver qualifications:
- A valid driver's license
- For the past five years, the candidate's driver record must not
have record of the following violations: driving under the
influence (DUI), reckless driving, license suspension for moving
violations, more than 4 moving violations.Please include your
Driver's License Information under the Licenses and Certifications
section of your application.**Agencies may allow an exception based
on other factors.
Keywords: State of Tennessee, Nashville , MUSEUM PROGRAM ASSISTANT - 09142023-50464, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!