LPN - Murfreesboro & Nashville
Company: Volunteers of America Mid-States
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Volunteers of America Mid-States (VOA) is a non-profit organization spanning four states that creates positive change in the lives of individuals and communities through a ministry of service. We provide housing for families, veterans, and low-income seniors. - We provide care and support for individuals with developmental disabilities, healing accountability that brings people together with restorative justice, and free HIV testing and education. - When Volunteers of America was founded in 1896, "volunteer" referred to anyone who served others as a vocation through a commitment to a mission. Today, we are still staffed by paid, mission-driven professionals working to create positive change and build thriving communities. - Flexibility, teamwork, and fun are some of the reasons our employees are proud to work at VOA! - We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees who meet eligibility requirements.
PROGRAM: Nashville / Murfreesboro Developmental Disabilities Services - - - - -
STATUS: Full Time, 2nd Shift
POSITION: RN -
REPORTS TO: RN Case Manager
LOCATION: Murfreesboro, TN
The LPN is responsible for delivering direct nursing services to consumers living in agency homes in the Nashville and or Murfreesboro Developmental Disabilities Services program. - Responsible for coordination with other medical professionals as needed and any and all medical oversight as required to fully meet the medical needs of the service recipients in accordance with State of Tennessee guidelines.
The position requires current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee; two years of nursing experience working with persons with developmental disabilities or in a home health environment is preferred. Must have or be willing to acquire knowledge of the rules, policies and procedures, and guidelines established by the State of Tennessee for residential support programs for individuals with developmental disabilities, and be able to completed required training. -
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Licensed LPN. -
Experience in working in Human Services or related field. -
Supervisory and direct-care experience preferred.
1. Monitor the consumers' safety as it pertains to medical care and medication administration. -
2. Conduct medication administration training as needed. -
3. Makes home visits when requested. -
4. Reviews clients' medical status on a regular basis
5. Completes paperwork as required for training and home visits. -
6. Interacts with consumers in supportive, therapeutic ways. - Uses effective techniques to -reinforce consumers' behaviors. - -
7. Aids in meeting the terms of the consumers' ISPs. - Interacts helpfully and kindly - - - - - with -consumers. - -
8. Assists in ensuring medical files are current and accurate.
9. Turns in required paperwork in a timely manner. - -
10. Attends training as needed.
11. Assist in supervising LPN on staff
12. Complete PSR's on clients in timely manner -
13. Other job duties as assigned by Program Director -
--- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
--- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
--- Life Insurance
--- Long-Term Disability
--- Short Term Disability
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Health Savings Accounts
--- Critical Illness
--- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
--- Employee Assistance Program
--- Paid Vacation Time (based on eligibility)
--- Paid Sick Time (based on eligibility)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Mid-States, Nashville , LPN - Murfreesboro & Nashville, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
here to apply!