Flooring Inspector (Quality Assurance Specialist)
Company: Service Pros Installation Group, Inc
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:About Service Pros Installation Group:Service Pros
Installation Group is a family-owned business headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina working as an exclusive provider of
installation services for Lowe's Home Improvement. With workrooms
across the Southeast, Northeast, and Midwest, we are committed to
ensuring all our employees, customers, and contractors are
positively impacted by utilizing our resources to provide
stewardship, put our people first, ensure companywide integrity,
and continue to grow and improve every day.
SummaryThe Quality Assurance Specialist interacts with customers
and installers to ensure satisfaction with the flooring
installation.FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance, demonstrate advanced techniques,
and evaluates the skill sets, professionalism, and quality of work
- Responsible to determine appropriate action for installation
quality issues and follows through to ensure scheduling of repairs
or re-installation for 3 to 5 assigned workrooms.
- Perform virtual inspections, record quality issues, and
planning process to decrease installer deficiencies.
- Approve and discuss chargebacks with installers for repairs or
- Identify quality issues and assist installers in improving
their skills or in rectifying re-occurring issues.
- Conduct virtual service appointment to resolve customer
complaints to investigate and conduct an inspection.
- Conduct on-site service appointment if issues are not able to
be resolved using the virtual process.
- Conduct audits of new installers and installers who have had
- Provide retention recommendations and concerns regarding
installers to the Area Installation Manager.
- Instruct Installers on repairs and install issues. May perform
repairs or installs as necessary.
- May be required to perform work in the warehouse.
- Upload and update information in IMS and SPOT.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general
education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Experience must involve customer service
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write letters
and prepare other documents as needed. Proofreads work.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide into all units of measure for basic algebraic and geometric
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Computer Skills - Ability to use multiple software programs,
computer workstations, iPhones, tablets, and peripheral equipment;
knowledge of database, spreadsheet, and email..
- Communication Skills -- Be able to communicate orally and in
writing in English effectively.
- Ability to drive and maintain a driver's license with personal
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform frequent kneeling, pushing, and
- Vision - Ability to view documents, multiple screens, and read
handwritten documents.Senior Level - Additional Duties
- Assist with daily monitoring of statuses and IMS
- Communicate with the Manager on production statistics of the
day/week and determine remedial action steps as needed
- Assist in ensuring coverage for absences and vacancies
- Assist in communicating/training on new policy, systems, and
- Assist in conducting refresher and new hire training
- Partner with the Manager to identify, create and implement
changes to maximize productivity and efficiency
- May travel up to 50% out of their local
areaRequirements:COMPETENCIESTo perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Knowledge - Must have experience
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problem
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively;
Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly; Able to read and
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Diversity - Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with integrity and ethics.
- Organizational Support - Supports the organization's goals,
values, and code of ethics.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes
appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes work activities; Uses time
- Professionalism - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts
responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own
- ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Reports unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Follow-up - Must be organized and able to follow-up on statuses
and ensure completion of tasks.
- Dependable - Is consistently at work and on time.
Employment-At-WillEmployment is voluntarily entered into, and
employees are free to resign at will at any time, with or without
cause. Similarly, the company may terminate the employment
relationship at will at any time, with or without notice or cause,
so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The
employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel. The employee must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. (i.e.,
pad rolls or equipment) to move it as needed. Must be able to kneel
for extended periods as well as push and pull at least 50 lbs. The
incumbent may also be required to assist with moving carpet foam or
drive a forklift. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the
ability to adjust focus.
Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet. The work environment generally
consists of indoor heated and cooled office space. This position
may also work remotely from home.
Keywords: Service Pros Installation Group, Inc, Nashville , Flooring Inspector (Quality Assurance Specialist), Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...