Company: Rocketship Public Schools
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite
possibility of human potential. We believe that every student
deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their
unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to
unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our
non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels
student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners
with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in
their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders,
and students working together to transform the future for
underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public
Schools, we are unleashing potential.Rocketship custodians are
responsible for caring for our school buildings and performing
cleaning and maintenance duties. Custodians are also responsible
for sterilization of the school building and other tasks as
assigned by the Campus Facilities Custodial Manager to whom the
Custodians will report. Location: 2526 Dickerson Pike, Nashville TN
3720715 hours per week $18.00/hourEssential Functions:
- Floor maintenance (mopping and sweeping)
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Refill dispensers daily (toilet paper, soap, etc.) and test to
ensure the soap is dispensed.
- Install/repair paper towels, toilet paper, and soap
- Building sterilization
- Clean and supply including but not limited to the staff room,
front office, lunch, and other designated areas.
- Respond to bodily fluid calls from classrooms (vomit, urine,
- Perform general clean-up and all incidents as they arise (clear
debris from the floor)
- Gather and empty all trash cans (rinse or wash as needed).
- Report campus vandalism to Business Operations Manager.
- Power wash entrance, walkways, common areas & trash
- Remove all marks from the walls.
- Wash all desktops, chairs, and furniture according to
- Wash all windows inside and out including screens.
- Lock all doors as directed by the director of
facilities/administration or his/her designee and set an alarm
- Keep janitorial closet shelves and supplies in neat order and
stocked at all times.
- Support with setting up and break down of events (as
- Student assistance as needed
- Assist the Campus Facilities Custodial Manager & Business
Operations Manager as needed
- Will be responsible for deep cleaning 4 times a year.
- Commitment to Rocketship's mission, vision, and goals
- Warm, friendly & service-oriented
- 1-2 years of Porter/Janitorial experience
- Ability to lift 25-50lbs
- Ability to work outside
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work some evening and weekend events (as needed)Pay
- Full time includes comprehensive benefits package
- $15.50+ per hour based on relevant years of experienceCOVID-19:
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers
and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this
reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions,
including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin
employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and
Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this
requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a
condition of employment or subject to religious or medical
exemptions. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties
of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear,
and communicate with both adults and children. The employee
frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to
stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally
climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position
include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and
experience.Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Rocketship
Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability,
or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of
Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job
duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our and here for
our . For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact
Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb.
Email: email@example.com. Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109,
Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.
Keywords: Rocketship Public Schools, Nashville , School Custodian, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!