Maintenance Mechanic I, Portland - Full Time (2830)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Macys is proudly Americas Department Store. Theres a reason weve
been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value,
and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macys.
The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macys. Our Distribution Center teams
are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make
sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customers
doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot
goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an
online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get
it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible across the
country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people
working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles
you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers,
equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance,
safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role
you play we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge thats
right for you! Job Overview: -
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on material handling
equipment, including daily systems inspections of mechanical
equipment to include but not limited to carton conveying equipment,
pallet conveying equipment and physical building structures.
Perform other duties as assigned. Essential Functions:
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to
diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or
to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of
malfunction. Maintains and lubricates machine tools and
- Disassembles, inspects and performs routine repairs and
rebuilds of defective parts on all equipment associated with the
- Required to install or recharge batteries for any
battery-powered material handling equipment.
- Required to repair and maintain PIT (Powered Industrial Trucks)
batteries . -
- Required to perform Preventative Maintenance task for Battery
Changers and Facility Sweepers -
- Adheres to all maintenance safe work practices and maintains a
safe working environment at all times. -
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines,
and may paint machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Performs basic electrical tasks associated with but not limited
to replacing motors, fuses, and switches.
- Operates shop tools such as a grinder, drill press, cutting
torch and welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
- Capable of working under the guidance of other team
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine
- Reports the usage and replacement of equipment and parts.
- Must possess proficient knowledge and continuous adherence of
OSHA, State and Local safety standards and the MLO Safety program
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two
years of commercial or industrial mainte
- Must communicate with Shuttle office staff, Fleet Maintenance
Adm., Receiving dock staff, Big ticket management and carriers and
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Sense of urgency and the ability to work independently.
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
store/company needs. Physical Requirements: -
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing
ladders, depth perception and color vision -
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs - Supply Chain Only and
Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in locations
governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement: Random drug testing
for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or semi-monthly
basis, depending upon factors including but not limited to the size
of the facility and the number of colleagues on roll. Colleagues
will be randomly selected for testing by a third party. Testing
must be completed on the same workday the colleague is informed of
selection for testing, absent extenuating circumstances. In all
circumstances, testing must be completed within 24 hours of
Keywords: Macy's, Nashville , Maintenance Mechanic I, Portland - Full Time (2830), Other , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!