Grants and Communications Coordinator
Company: Oasis Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Center Youth Voice - Ignite Change- Promote Justice*
Oasis Center was founded in 1969, a group of young lawyers came
together to establish the "Rap House," a simple community center
for runaway teens and youth struggling with addictions. Fifty years
later, the "Rap House" has evolved into Oasis Center, where nearly
4,000 youth and families turn for help and direct support every
year. Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that
reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis
intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to
college and career access. Our 20+ programs and services are based
on the foundation of four areas for youth success: *Safety*,
*Belonging*, *Empowerment*, and *Generosity*.
*Right now, our agency is growing - so if you have talent and
skills, compassion and a mindset for justice, and you want to make
a career in making a difference, please consider joining our
incredible Oasis Center team.*
*Vision: * to live in a world where all young people are safe,
valued, connected to caring adults, and prepared for productive and
fulfilling lives. We believe that progress is made toward this goal
when we develop and encourage perspectives based on hope, a vision
of what is possible, and the courage to act. We cultivate this
change through caring relationships, meaningful action, and
*Position: Grants & Communications Coordinator*
*Summary: * Oasis Center is seeking a dynamic individual to assist
with the grant development process and provide specialized
communications support for one of the nation's most innovative
youth-serving agencies. The ideal candidate will have strong
interpersonal and organizational skills. They will be as
comfortable in a board room as they are at a community meeting.
They will have a work-hard, play-hard attitude and the natural
tendency to take their work, but not themselves, seriously.
*Salary Range: *$40,000-$47,000 Based on Education and
*Essential Functions: *
* Research current trends and data related to the mission and
objectives of the agency and programs.
* Research, identify, and analyze grant-making organizations to
determine fit in supporting specific agency initiatives and
* Develop recommendations for proposals based on research and
review with program staff and the Director of Grants.
* Solicit information/aggregate data from program staff to support
grants, reports, and external communications.
* Coordinate the writing and timely submission of grant proposals
and reports with the Director of Grants.
* Communicate with the appropriate program staff and Chief
Financial Officer to assist in proposal/report submissions.
* Maintain social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook,
YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) including scheduling, creating content and
* Assist with identifying and writing stories to personalize the
Oasis mission in external communications (e.g., newsletters,
grants, direct mail appeals, legacy giving campaigns, donor thank
* Update donor thank you letters/tax receipts annually or as
* Assist staff with writing/editing quarterly program updates
designed to communicate current Oasis activities with funders,
donors, and other key constituents.
* Plan, write, design, and produce the annual report.
* Use Emma email marketing software to create monthly newsletters
in collaboration with program staff. Create supplementary email
campaigns for special fundraising events.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field or three years relevant
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
* Strong organization development, project management, and
strategic planning skills.
* Knowledge and ability to utilize office equipment and computer
* Knowledge and ability to use various digital marketing tools
(social media, email, website).
* Self-initiator with ability to work efficiently and uphold
* Able to work at a fast pace, adjust quickly to changes, and
remain flexible with a positive attitude.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively
with diverse staff, funders, and community stakeholders.
* Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks, along
with an ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team
* Experience using WordPress, Canva, Later (or other social media
scheduling tool) preferred.
* Track record in development and obtaining non-profit funding
* Clear understanding of racial inequities, privilege, power
dynamics, and forms of discrimination.
*Procedure: *Please send a cover letter and resume!
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer
and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit
discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, ability, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $47,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Nashville, TN 37203: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Oasis Center, Nashville , Grants and Communications Coordinator, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!