Company: Core Civic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of
service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to
better the public good.We are currently seeking aLibrary Aidewho
has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional, secure setting.Come join a team that is dedicated to
making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Library Aide assists with the daily activities of a general
purpose and/or law library designed to accommodate the social,
educational and legal interest and needs of an inmate/resident
- Assist in developing and maintaining library catalog system
that identifies specific categories and subject matter.
- Create schedules for inmate/resident access to the general
purpose and law library. Enforce all polices and rules governing
inmate conduct, sign in/out procedures and maintains a safe
environment for inmates and other library users.
- Search catalog files, biographical dictionaries and indexes,
and examines content of reference materials to assist individuals
in locating and selecting materials. Recommend acquisition
materials consistent with the needs of the population, to include
current legal/law reference material, as applicable.
- Train inmate workers in receiving, shelving and locating
materials. Answer routine inquiries and assists in checking books
in/out of the library daily.
- Maintain a tracking system to monitor the location of books and
facilitates the proper return of materials back to the library.
Conduct inventories, as required, to monitor compliance.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Two years of library work experience, including work in book
acquisition, cataloging, reference and compilation of
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE-including
Keywords: Core Civic, Nashville , Library Aide, Other , Clifton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!