Licensed Practical Nurse PRN Cool Springs WIC
Company: Vanderbilt Health
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Beginning of the main content section.Return to the home
pagePrintable Format Job Description - Licensed Practical Nurse PRN
Cool Springs WIC (2211178)Job Description Licensed Practical Nurse
PRN Cool Springs WIC-2211178Job: LPNPrimary Location:
TN-Franklin-WIC Cool SpringsOrganization: WIC Franklin 203240Shift:
DaysDescription Licensed Practical Nurse PRN
Cool Springs Walk In Clinic
Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of
patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare
information to patients/families, and following established plan of
care. Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed
healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and
progress toward goal attainment. All patient care activities are
undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed
professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure
regulations.Qualifications: Graduate of an approved discipline
specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant
experienceLicensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Licensed Practical Nurse Required
Shift: PRN (As Needed), Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 7:30 PM
(Rotating Weekends) Saturday - Sunday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Vanderbilt's Walk-In Clinics are a part of a growing number of
Vanderbilt Clinics also open in Belcourt, Melrose, Brentwood,
Bellevue, Belle Meade, Cools Springs, Franklin, Hendersonville,
Nolensville, Mt. Juliet, Pleasant View, and Spring Hill. These
clinics provide high quality health care services in a location
convenient for many. Board-certified Vanderbilt physicians or nurse
practitioners are always on site, and no appointments are
necessary. We offer advanced services such as EKG, lab and X-rays,
with immediate results.
The Vanderbilt Walk-In Clinic saves patients' time and possibly a
trip to the Emergency Room. The clinics take care of common
illnesses and minor injuries, including allergies, infections, sore
throats, and stomach bugs. Screening, testing and preventative
services available include breathing treatments, drug screenings,
EKGs, lab testing, pregnancy testing, TB skin testing,
vaccinations, and X-rays. Physicals needed for adoptions, camps, or
sports, the Department of Transportation and pre-employment are
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global
crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a
community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple
aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will
be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged.
It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they are part of something that is bigger than
themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle
for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to
advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient
care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential
to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in
patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an
applied art and science focused on helping people, families and
communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
Our Nursing Philosophy:
Our Nursing Leadership:
Education & Professional Development:
Life In Nashville:
- Collaborates with patients/families and health care providers
in the delivery of health care services.
- Partners with the healthcare team by following established plan
of care to ensure patient progress for effective outcomes.
- Support plans to promote health and a safe and healthy
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the
position and additional duties may be assigned.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES:LPN PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses
sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate
patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing
assignments.LPN CARE PLANNING (NOVICE):- Participates in the
development of the plan of care in consultation with the licensed
healthcare team. Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs,
identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet
deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility.
Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously,
prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to
adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal
disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems
and issues are resolved.CLINICAL PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE):-
Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully
demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of
moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others
while accomplishing assignments. Contributes to the nursing
assessment by collecting, reporting, and recording objective and
subjective data in an accurate and timely manner.CLINICAL
COMPETENCY (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency
to successfully demonstrate nursing interventions (such as wound
care, point of care testing, vitals signs, etc.) in practical
applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the
direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
- Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically
routine that may impact team's performance with occasional
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion
and research to solve routine problems.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards,
established processes and procedure that apply to your own
- Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by
identifying development opportunities.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand
colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships
- - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with
others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the
problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent
- - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves
routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to
understand the issues and provides accurate information and
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery
and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new
knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness
to go above and beyond.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates
basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe
conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for
completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard
approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of
how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and
good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or
initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering
suggestions to enhance them.
- - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly;
understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to
ensure proper course of action.
- - Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to
changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent
experience) and 1 year relevant experienceLicensure, Certification,
and/or Registration (LCR):
- Licensed Practical Nurse Required
Additional Qualification Information:
- Based on regulations from the TN Board of Nursing and VUMC
policy, LPNs have the following practice limitations: (1)May NOT
initiate the administration of blood or blood products, (2)May NOT
administer experimental drugs (research drugs used in studies for
anything other than indications for use by the pharmaceutical
company), (3)May NOT administer any intravenous chemotherapeutic
agents, (4)May NOT administer IV push medication.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of
force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently
and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.
Discover Vanderbilt Health: Located in Nashville, TN, and operating
at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care,
Vanderbilt Health is a community of individuals who come to work
each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place
where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and
your abilities challenged. It is a place where diversity - of
culture, thinking, learning and leading - is sought and celebrated.
It is a place where employees know they are part of something that
is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and
never settle for what was good enough yesterday.
Text NURSE to 26232 or click below for more information.
Achieve the Remarkable!
Click to Learn more about Vanderbilt Nursing:
Keywords: Vanderbilt Health, Nashville , Licensed Practical Nurse PRN Cool Springs WIC, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!