Research Nurse Specialist I-Sign On Bonus $10,000.00
Company: Vanderbilt Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Beginning of the main content section.Return to the home
pagePrintable Format Job Description - Research Nurse Specialist
I-Sign On Bonus $10,000.00 (2211506)Job Description Research Nurse
Specialist I-Sign On Bonus $10,000.00-2211506Job: Research
NursingPrimary Location: TN-Nashville-Medical Center North
(MCN)Organization: Neuro-Immunology Div 104412Shift: First
ShiftDescription Research Nurse Specialist I-$10,000.00 Sign On
Assures the integrity and quality of clinical research trials are
maintained with some guidance. Plans and implements recruitment
procedures, manages enrollment of the trial, and ensures compliance
The Department of Neurology has doubled in size over the last five
years and continues to grow and expand, adding both clinical
providers and administrative team members to support this growth.
The department is looking for forward-thinking team members who are
looking to learn, grow, and expand their skill sets. The ideal
applicant will be flexible and adaptable, will offer
solution-oriented suggestions, and will serve as a critical
thinker, with a focus on quality and accuracy.
POSITION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they
make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global
crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a
community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple
aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will
be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged.
It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they are part of something that is bigger than
themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle
for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to
advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient
care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care,
education and research, we are proud of our recent
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and
metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of
the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty
programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe
Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the
Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric
specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired"
hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great
Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health
Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100
Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the
to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School
of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their
peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a
row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ
- Conveys a basic knowledge and understanding of policies,
procedures, and regulations governing human subject's research and
incorporates them in the conduct of research and care of
- With assistance, prepares and processes new research proposals,
amendments, continuing review applications and adverse
- Perform administrative duties for trials, including but not
limited to: Procuring equipment, preparing documentation, and
packaging and shipping medications.
- Utilize nursing skills to perform procedures, deliver
individualized care, and abide by research protocols.
- Recruit and identify the eligibility of candidates, regularly
assessing them to ensure continued eligibility for
- Actively identifies and participates in training, education,
and development activities to improve own knowledge and performance
to sustain and enhance professional development.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the
position and additional duties may be assigned.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES:NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION
(FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Has limited experience, training, direct
exposure, or past experience working with nursing patient
assessment and evaluations.CARE PLANNING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):-
Establishes realistic personal work goals and objectives.
Demonstrates ability to anticipate basic resource needs, identify
distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet
deadlines, and organize work for own assignments and
responsibilities. Prepares and presents clear and accurate status
reports on projects and assignments.NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION
(FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Has limited experience, training, direct
exposure, or past experience working with patient
education.EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):-
Recognizes nursing practice is research-based and questions or
demonstrates curiosity about the scientific basis of
practice.SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Knowledge
of different scientific studies including but not limited
Biomedical, Applied, and Physical.REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
(FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Demonstrates knowledge of the appropriate
rules and regulations and apply them in difficult, stressful and
complex situations. Able to interpret and explain rules and
regulations that are ambiguous or unclear. Directs others in
interpreting rules and regulations on the job and trains others in
- Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that
impact own job area/team with some guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures,
research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that
may require some judgement.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within
a professional area to meet job requirements.
- Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
- - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by
identifying development opportunities.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand
colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships
- - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with
others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the
problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent
- - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves
routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to
understand the issues and provides accurate information and
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery
and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new
knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness
to go above and beyond.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates
basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe
conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for
completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard
approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of
how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and
good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):
- - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or
initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering
suggestions to enhance them.
- - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly;
understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to
ensure proper course of action.
- - Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to
changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area
Basic Qualifications Graduate of an approved discipline specific
program (or equivalent experience) and Licensure, Certification,
and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse RequiredPhysical Requirements/Strengths needed
& Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force
occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.Sensory
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.Environmental Conditions
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Occasional: Radiation: May be exposed to occupational
radiation, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Radiation Safety Program
which includes training, use of personal protective equipment with
lead shielding, and personal dose monitoring.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.
Discover Vanderbilt Health: Located in Nashville, TN, and operating
at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care,
Vanderbilt Health is a community of individuals who come to work
each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place
where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and
your abilities challenged. It is a place where diversity - of
culture, thinking, learning and leading - is sought and celebrated.
It is a place where employees know they are part of something that
is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and
never settle for what was good enough yesterday.
Text NURSE to 26232 or click below for more information.
Achieve the Remarkable!
Click to Learn more about Vanderbilt Nursing:
Keywords: Vanderbilt Health, Nashville , Research Nurse Specialist I-Sign On Bonus $10,000.00, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!