Registered Nurse (RN) - Lactation
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: September 26, 2022
We Are Hiring: As a Lactation RN at Saint Thomas Midtown you
will provide breastfeeding support, assist with lactation care, and
educate patients to overcome obstacles and concerns with
breastfeeding. This position does require that you have your CLC or
IBCLC.Shift: Part Time, Day -Responsibilities:
- Assess breastfeeding sessions including the newborn's latch,
milk transfer, and position.
- Assess newborn for adequate milk intake, appropriate weight
gain, and jaundice.
- Educate the patient about breastfeeding techniques, breast
pumping methods, and breast milk storage.
- Educate patient about baby feeding cues, normal stools, and
- Assist with troubleshooting for painful latch or nipples, poor
milk transfer, or breast refusal.
- Provide referrals for babies with poor weight gain, observed
tongue and lip tie, and any medical newborn conditions.
- Provide breastfeeding support, encouragement, and care for
postpartum patients.Educate mom how to record newborn feeding
schedule and wet and dirty diapers. What You Will Do: Provide
lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding mothers and
infants. Serve as a lactation-related clinical resource, educator,
- Perform initial and on-going assessments of patients' lactation
goals and issues. Instruct and demonstrate proper techniques and
promote the importance of breastfeeding.
- Identify the need for standard patient teaching plans and
assist with their development.
- Act as a liaison to staff and physicians when addressing needs
associated with breastfeeding.
- Contribute to the development of data tools to monitor and
improve outcomes. What You Will Need: Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation obtained
within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date required.
- Certification specializing in Lactation preferred.Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- At least 1 year of Lactation Education experience is preferred
Why Join Our Team: As one of the largest health systems in the
state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in
addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures,
medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ
more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we
continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on
our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We
provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize,
engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you
are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to
apply today.When you join Ascension, you join a team of over
150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of
serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to
all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career
coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and
tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path.
In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.For further information regarding
your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the
Law" poster:Please note that Ascension will make an offer of
employment only to individuals who have applied for a position
using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent
offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants. E-Verify Statement: This employer
participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Keywords: Ascension Health, Nashville , Registered Nurse (RN) - Lactation, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!