AWS Architect, Data Lakes for Full-time work remote
Company: Vertical Relevance
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Vertical Relevance is looking for an AWS Architects, to join our
team as a full-time employee and work remotely. This person is
responsible for the end-to-end planning, building, and deploying of
software systems. He/she will be able to drive the programming of
well-constructed, testable code.
As an AWS Architect, you will implement technical solutions as part
of a team for customer engagements. This role requires strong
teamwork, communication, patience and organization skills needed to
drive customer success.
At Vertical Relevance we deliver with excellence through teamwork,
automating everything, constantly learning and taking ownership for
the outcomes our customers experience. Are you ready to join the
- Help customers shape their journey to adopting the cloud and
provide our customers with technical and strategic guidance on
their "cloud journey".
- Consult, plan, design, and implement Data solutions on the
- Design AWS Data Lake implementations
- Design and Develop AWS Data Quality and Governance
- Become a deep technical resource that earns our customer's
- Develop high-quality technical content such as automation
tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help our
customers build on the cloud
- Innovate on behalf of customers and translate your thoughts
into action yielding measurable results.
- Support solution development by conveying customer needs and
feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world
implementation challenges and recommend expansion of capabilities
through enhanced and new offerings.
- Assist with technical briefs that document solutions
- Assist with reference architecture implementations
- Support internal and external brand development through thought
- Work with Marketing/Alliances to write blog posts
- Work with Marketing/Alliances to develop internal case
- Professional experience architecting/operating Data / DevOps
solutions built on AWS
- Experience in software/technology customer facing
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in
Sample Activities You'll Do
AWS Data Architecture and Data Lake Implementation and EMR
Assist Customer in building out a framework for data collection,
data ingestion and catalog, data storage and data serving designed
to optimize the efficiency in which information is accessed,
curated, served and analyzed from up to two on-premises data
- Assist Customer with implementing Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
(Amazon VPC), account, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
bucket strategy and capture impact for introducing critical data
for a data lake. Note this is not a full Amazon VPC strategy for an
enterprise, but a focus on data lake implementations.
- Assist Customer with achieving modern big data lambda
architecture, providing an environment for consumption and
utilization of data coming from either batch or streaming
- Assist Customer with defining detailed data architecture
including raw data, conformed, structured, enriched, and
- Provide Customer general best practices in building production
quality data pipeline for ingestion, transformation and consumption
to downstream applications through a serving layer.
- Assist Customer with defining details to data catalog and data
serving layer through application program interfaces (APIs) if
- Provide Customer general best practices for Amazon S3 data
Build Ingestion and Orchestration Ingestion
Based on Customer's ingestion requirements provided. Assist
Customer with building a reusable ingestion framework to onboard
new data quickly based on one data source example.
- Assist Customer with designing and building robust data
ingestion solutions using monitoring, logging and alerting
servicing with retry capabilities.
- Assist Customer with server-less approaches where if applicable
for the ingestion.
- Assist Customer with building the framework for managing data
updates to data stored in objects on Amazon S3.
Based on Customer's ingestion, orchestration and operational
requirements. Provide general best practices to Customer for
implementing an extensible and supportable orchestration framework
for onboarding data to a lambda architecture for a representative
- Advise Customer on leveraging AWS Services tools for data
ingestion including Amazon Kinesis, Amazon EMR, AWS Lambda or other
tool defined as part of the assessment.
- Advise Customer on orchestration options on AWS Services
including but not limited to AWS Glue, AWS Step Functions, AWS
Batch, Amazon EMR, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Lambda or other AWS
native orchestration tooling.
- Assist Customer with building out the orchestration and state
management processes to support data processing without data loss
and exception and identify error handling.
- Advise Customer on how the orchestration tooling will provide
operational feedback to the support organizations in the event of a
Storage and Catalog Amazon S3 Data Storage Build
Based on Customer's usage requirements. Assist Customer with
building the data lake storage approach for a representative data
- Assist Customer with building data storage including buckets,
prefixes, encryption, file types, partitioning.
- Assist Customer with building automated data partition
- Assist Customer with building Amazon S3 Bucket policies,
logging and monitoring.
- Assist Customer with building out data lifecycle
- Assist Customer with building cross-region replication if
Relevant Technical Tools
- Primary Languages - Python, Bash
- Tooling, Services & Libraries - Airflow, Kafka, Parquet, Spark,
Metaflow, Git, Hadoop
Relevant AWS Services
- AWS Infrastructure Scripting - CloudFormation, AWS CLI, AWS
- AWS Storage Services - S3
- AWS Compute Services - Lambda, Batch
- AWS Database Services - RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora,
- AWS Networking Services - VPC
- AWS Management and Governance Services - CloudTrail, Service
- AWS Analytics Services - Athena, EMR, Kinesis, Glue, Lake
Formation, Data Pipeline
- AWS Security, Identity, Compliance Services - IAM
- AWS Application Integration Services - Step Functions
Vertical Relevance was founded to help business leaders drive value
through the design and delivery of effective transformation
programs across people, processes, and systems. Our mission is to
help firms at any stage of their journey develop custom solutions
for success and growth. We provide a full range of services from
strategy and design through to implementation and training. Our
collective industry expertise is our greatest asset - our
professionals have an average of 20+ years' experience within
Financial Services, across Wealth Management, Asset Management,
Insurance, and Banking. Within our Customer Experience practice, we
add complementary industry expertise (technology and media)
synergizing the most relevant and successful customer trends. We
focus wholly on your success by first rigorously assessing your
business and technology challenges, and then right-sizing solutions
that provide a meaningful ROI. With our industry experts hitting
the ground running and focusing on nimble, quality delivery, we can
see rapid, tangible improvements with our clients in productivity
and effectiveness. When it makes sense for your company, we
leverage our product partnerships in the areas of CRM, Sales
Acceleration, Predictive Analytics, Digital Knowledge Management,
and Cloud Transformation.
Vertical Relevance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Vertical Relevance, Nashville , AWS Architect, Data Lakes for Full-time work remote, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!