Executive Medical Director
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Reporting to the Associate Chief Clinical Officer, the Executive
Medical Director - State and Federal (EMD) is a key member of the
Clinical and State and Federal Government senior leadership team.
The EMD will understand and effectively communicate and abide by
the applicable standards and requirements of contracting agencies
and the security regulations of the institutions to which the EMD
is assigned as well as supervise and provide care which meets or
exceeds the constitutional requirements of access to care, right to
a professional medical judgment and right to care that is ordered.
EMD will collaborate with the operational, nursing and mental
health leaders to ensure care is delivered effectively and
efficiently. EMD will also develop and maintain key client
relationships in the territory to which they are assigned and will
regularly interact with clients as needed.
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical School.
- Successful completion of a Post-graduate training program in a
Primary Care discipline (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine,
- Must obtain and maintain current licensure within the states as
required to practice medicine and direct patient care, accrediting
and contracting agency.
- Maintains a current DEA number.
- Must maintain privileges.
- Maintains CME requirements for continued medical practice in
- Provide clinical oversight to the Regional Medical Directors
(RMD), so that through RMDs, management is provided to sites, the
accrediting and contracting agency.
- Review and monitor applicable treatment guidelines, clinical
decision support monographs and tools, clinical policies and
procedures. Lead the implementation deployment of clinical
initiatives ensuring their success.
- Collaborate, communicate and coordinate with the Associate
Chief Clinical Officer, RMDs, Chief Nursing Officer, Vice President
of Care Management, Vice President of the Clinical Hub, Division
President and Executive Vice President responsibilities which
include but are not limited to: Recruiting, Onboarding and
Retention of RMDs, Continuous Quality Improvement, Healthcare
related patient grievances, Infection control, Utilization
management of inpatient and outpatient services, laboratory and
medication formulary management and deploying clinical initiatives.
The EMD will assist the RMD and the credentialing team with
compliance of collaborative agreements executed between advanced
practitioners and supervising physicians to satisfy state
- Understand, utilize and monitor Chronic Care Clinics that
assure compliance, accrediting and contracting agencies.
- Attend weekly enterprise medical director meetings as
- Will serve as an active member of the Continuous Quality
- Attend all weekly scheduled leadership calls as assigned.
- Attend monthly in person meetings with Operational Executive
- Optimizes the use of Telehealth for Monitoring, providing
schedule care, providing Tele-Health services and the use of
- Support Business Development with topics of relevance to
healthcare economics and Business Development (e.g. financial
feasibility, market analysis as it related to third party payer
reimbursement and understanding of local healthcare dynamics as
well as correctional healthcare trends.
- Facilitates clinical change management as defined by the
- Facilitates strategic change management as defined by Executive
- Collaborates with Operational EVP for managing client
relationships either directly or through the assigned RMD
- Provides leadership development activities for RMDs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Additional Location 1 : Name
Nationwide OpportunitiesAdditional Location 1 : External ID/Site
AAAAAdditional Location 1 : Division
Organizational AdministrationAdditional Location 1 : Address
Nationwide OpportunitiesAdditional Location 1 : Country
Keywords: Wellpath, Nashville , Executive Medical Director, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!