IT Support Engineer I
Company: Amazon.com Services LLC
Posted on: September 16, 2021
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for
our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver
tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide,
every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon
Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for
self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate
teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we
take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT
infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new
Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by
delivering packages directly to them.
About The Role
The OpsTech IT Centralized team provides world-class remote IT
technical services & support to Amazon’s World Wide Fulfillment
Operations teams on a 24x7 basis from regions around the globe.
Members of the OpsTech IT Centralized team solve a wide variety of
IT issues and are the first point of escalation for our customers
to resolve issues in an expeditious manner. You are able to
determine when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard
practice to accomplish the desired result. You can troubleshoot and
solve straightforward problems that do not have defined SOPs. Team
members in North America, typically work on 4 day, 10 hour per day
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including
comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching
401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait
there’s more: Even though we work in corporate buildings, we don’t
wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, and
sneakers will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Solving a wide variety of IT issues as the first point of
escalation for our customers in an expeditious manner.
· Triage high impact events.
· Interact with management and staff to provide analytical and
technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT
· Managing local technical projects.
· Maintain or create policies, procedures, and processes.
· Identify root-causes of operational issues and process
· Working with limited supervision in a customer-facing service
· Utilizing strong verbal and writing skills to communication
complex IT concepts into simple terms.
· 1+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service
· 2+ years or experience with networking concepts such as DNS,
DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 2+ years of experience of troubleshooting in a multi-user high
· 2+ Years of experience in a professional environment
· 2+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment,
· Fluent in Cisco/networking and either Linux and/or Microsoft
· 2+ Years working with limited supervision in a customer service
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
· 2+ Years of experience with programming and scripting languages:
HTML, Python, Bash, Java, and SQL.
· One of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA
Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), MSFT hardware (installation),
AWS, or other industry relevant certifications
· Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active
· Cisco CCENT certification.
· Linux+ Certification.
· Data center infrastructure and facilities experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Amazon.com Services LLC, Nashville , IT Support Engineer I, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!