IT Support Engineer II
Company: Amazon.com Services LLC
Posted on: September 16, 2021
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for
our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver
tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide,
every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon
Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for
self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate
teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we
take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT
infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new
Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by
delivering packages directly to them
About The Role
The OpsTech IT Centralized team provides world-class remote IT
technical services & support to Amazon’s World Wide Fulfillment
Operations teams on a 24x7 basis from regions around the globe.
Members of the OpsTech IT Centralized team solve a wide variety of
IT issues and are the first point of escalation for our customers
to resolve issues in an expeditious manner. Team members in North
America, typically work on 4 day, 10 hour per day shifts.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including
comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching
401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait
there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because
jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be
your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Troubleshooting difficult IT problems without SOPs
· Planning and coordinating CMs and CM templates.
· Collaborating with internal teams or vendors to lead
· Leading continuous improvement efforts.
· Auditing the quality of work performed and provide constructive
feedback when necessary.
· Automating manual tasks; create/improve small tools that help
make team operations more efficient.
· Serving as the first point of escalation.
· Participating in hiring, training and development of others.
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 3+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service
· 4+ years of hands on IT systems or relevant experience in a
commercial production environment
· 4+ years of experience with networking concepts such as DNS,
DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
· 4+ years of experience in each of the following: Microsoft
Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
· 4+ years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user
high availability environment
· 4+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment,
· Must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and Microsoft Certified IT
Professional Systems Administrator Certifications
· Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
· Ability to manage high priority projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Amazon.com Services LLC, Nashville , IT Support Engineer II, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!