Registered Nurse (RN) - Lactation - FT Day
Posted on: September 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Ascension Saint Thomas is hiring an RN for
our Lactation Center at Saint Thomas Midtown!
Title: Lactation RN-
What You Will Do:
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: Lactation Center
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day
As a Lactation RN at Saint Thomas Midtown
you will provide breastfeeding support, assist with lactation care,
and educate patients to overcome obstacles and concerns with
breastfeeding. This position does require that you have your CLC or
What You Will Need:
- Assess breastfeeding sessions including the newborn’s latch,
milk transfer, and position.
- Assess newborn for adequate milk intake, appropriate weight
gain, and jaundice.
- Educate the patient about breastfeeding techniques, breast
pumping methods, and breast milk storage.
- Educate patient about baby feeding cues, normal stools, and
- Assist with troubleshooting for painful latch or nipples, poor
milk transfer, or breast refusal.
- Provide referrals for babies with poor weight gain, observed
tongue and lip tie, and any medical newborn conditions.
- Provide breastfeeding support, encouragement, and care for
- Educate mom how to record newborn feeding schedules and wet and
Licensure / Certification /
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation obtained
within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
- BLS Provider preferred.
- Certification specializing in Lactation preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
Why Join Our Team:
- At least 1 year of Lactation Education experience is
of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding
careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive
network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics
and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates
and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need
compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help
influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with
the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of
caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career
in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Nashville , Registered Nurse (RN) - Lactation - FT Day, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!