Registered Nurse (RN) - Charge - OB Emergency Department - FT Night
Posted on: September 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Ascension Saint Thomas is hiring a Charge
RN in our OBED at Saint Thomas Midtown in Nashville, TN. This unit
is a fast paced 11 bay OB Emergency department. The OBED RN will be
someone who is well versed in Labor and Delivery and thrives in a
fast paced environment.
What You Will Do:
Location: Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital -
Shift: Full-Time, Night
Coordinate unit staffing and provide
leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and
quality patient care in assigned area.
What You Will Need:
- Assign, direct, educate and monitor nursing and support staff
during assigned shift. Contribute to or perform performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care and identify any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Respond to complaint about patient care and manage through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development
and evaluating of staff.
- Assess and coordinate discharge planning needs with patient,
family, and members of the healthcare team. Evaluate learning needs
of patient and family and provides age-specific and culturally
- Assess the physical and psychological status of patients,
provide interventions/treatments and evaluate effectiveness of care
to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Monitor patient flow in and out of the unit, delegate patient
care assignments according to skill level of caregiver and acuity
of patient. Assure patient load is equally distributed to ensure
quality patient care and appropriate use of staff. Ensure staff has
necessary equipment and supplies to provide safe, quality patient
care. All other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit
embodied with the Mission Statement:
- Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack
resources for a reasonable quality of life.
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life.
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.
- Creativity - Courageous Innovation.
- Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
Licensure / Certification /
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date
or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation obtained
within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
- AHA - Healthcare Provider CPR required
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- 1 year of experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding
careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive
network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics
and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates
and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need
compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help
influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with
the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of
caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career
in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Nashville , Registered Nurse (RN) - Charge - OB Emergency Department - FT Night, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!