Company: Sumner Eyecare-Gallatin
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Licensed Opticians are responsible for selling & dispensing
eyewear and eyewear accessories to patients. They ensure patients
are fitted with the right-size frames that fit their needs and
lifestyle and dispense lenses with correct prescription and
measurements. Licensed Opticians are at the heart of our business.
Their technical and customer service skills ensure patient
satisfaction and repeat business.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Delivers extraordinary experience to each and every patient.
Provides patients with a complete understanding of our customized
recommendations for products and services.
* Custom fits glasses & precisely places prescription in
* Develops own clientele from providing outstanding service and
* Assists co-workers with difficult or complex areas of product
needs & prescriptions.
* Keeps current on company/industry products and procedures,
manufacturer rebates, and types of lenses and frames available.
* Takes and returns patient calls, updating patients on the status
of their order and resolving order issues should they arise.
Escalates any issues with the Store Manager, as necessary.
* Retrieves patient charts and electronic health records.
* Assists patients in selecting frames, lens type, and lens
treatments including tints and coatings; depending on specific
patient needs and facial measurements.
* Educates patients on proper eyeglass and contact lens care.
* Collects eye and face measurements to ensure proper fit.
* Interprets prescriptions written by optometrist and
* Creates work orders for lab technicians, specifying information
on lenses needed.
* Follows-up on all pending orders. Verifies all orders are within
the time guidelines given and informs patients of status if delays
occur. Notifies patient when orders arrive from
* Dispenses glasses by inspecting the product, checking for proper
fit, adjusting if necessary, and asking for feedback.
* Adjusts eyewear to ensure visual acuity, proper fit, and patient
comfort. Using various tools, performs eyewear adjustments and
* Proficient in using tools such as pupilometers, PD Sticks,
lensometers, pliers, wrenches, frame warmers, etc.
* Regularly communicates with technicians and/or store managers,
providing additional patient information, or asking for an order
* Inspects the final product ensuring there are no flaws; Cleans
and polishes lenses using cloths and solvents.
* Cleans and organizes frame boards, displays, mirrors, work bench,
office area, bathroom, and breakroom, maintaining overall
cleanliness and visual appeal of the store.
* Restocks retail boards with new merchandize.
* Understands product issues and analyzes any problems. Thoroughly
and accurately answers patients' questions regarding insurance,
warranty, products, materials, services, pricing, upgrades,
* Collaborates with technicians, front desk associates, Managers,
* Sells miscellaneous products such as cleaners, contact lens
supply, sunglasses, safety glasses, etc.
Keywords: Sumner Eyecare-Gallatin, Nashville , Licensed Optician, Other , Gallatin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!