Packaging Maintenance Technician - First Shift 6:30am - 3:00pm
Company: Wilson Sporting Goods
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position will operate/repair case packers, case erectors,
pneumatics, conveyance systems and electrical controls. Maintenance
Technicians are responsible for installation and repair of
equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Technician will perform
preventative and reactive maintenance on all production
Shift is from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm - Must fulfill on call
requirements for emergencies
This position carries a full benefit package including health,
dental, vision, 401k with partial company contribution, and a
generous paid time off package.
What You'll Do
The primary duties of a Packaging Maintenance Technician
- Understand, follow and enforce all established safety, health,
quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
- Understand, follow and enforce all established policies,
procedures and recognized practices.
- Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels
and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product
- Maintain controls for assuring successful plant performance to
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain
production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
during operation and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of
production equipment during machine service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to,
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and
repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist skills.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those
and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and
maintenance of machinery
What We're Looking For
A minimum of one year Industrial Maintenance Technician
experience is preferred. Maintenance Technicians are required to
interact with managers, supervisors, employees, vendors, and
customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are
also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Communicate effectively: convey facts and information clearly
both in verbal and written form, including the ability to
effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Self starter that has the ability to work independently and to
carry out assignments to completion within parameters of
instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted
- Willingness to learn new equipment and processes. Ability to
adapt to change with a positive attitude.
- Collaborate well with others: proactively contribute to group
objectives; volunteer to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion,
creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender
identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Wilson Sporting Goods, Nashville , Packaging Maintenance Technician - First Shift 6:30am - 3:00pm, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!