Customer Service Representative
Company: Community Health System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Customer Service Representative position is primarily
responsible for the day to day customer service duties while
establishing helpful and friendly relationships with our
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the
- Answer in-bound calls from patients, insurance companies and
- Make out-bound Early Out Self-Pay calls, to collect on patient
- Perform insurance follow up to address customer concerns.
- Research customer billing concerns per payer and create
appropriate adjustment as needed.
- Ensure created adjustments receive proper approval and sign
- Address coordination of benefits issues with patient.
- Escalate coding issues to the proper facility liaison.
- Forward all patient and payer refund correspondence to the
Overpayment Resolution team
- Performs other duties as directed by the Manager and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Knowledge of medical revenue cycle processes from scheduling
through agency placement and final account disposition.
- Knowledge of insurance collections follow up.
- Effective and professional telephone and customer
correspondence communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a manner to achieve
goals, objectives and productivity requirements.
- Preferred knowledge of medical terminology
- Preferred bi-lingual
- Must be able to be flexible and organized while functioning
well under stressful conditions
- Preferred Knowledgeable about EOB, Remits, and UB-04s
Ability to define problems collects data, validate data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office tools excel and word
Certificates and Licenses: None required
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- High School Graduate minimum education requirement.
- Preferred 1 year customer service experience, preferably in a
hospital or call center environment
Please note: This position requires that you work out of the
newly constructed Cane Ridge Shared Services Center (SSC) in
Keywords: Community Health System, Nashville , Customer Service Representative, Other , Antioch, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!