Provider Contracting Sr Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position serves as an integral member of Cigna's local
market network management and Medicare Advantage provider
contracting team, and reports to the Vice President of Network
Management. This role is a key contributor to affordability,
medical cost management, and strategy for the Middle Tennessee and
Kentucky market. This position but must be based in the greater
Nashville area preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages contracts and negotiations for fee for service and
value-based collaborative programs with hospitals, physicians, and
- Potential to directly manage other contracting associates,
providing leadership and mentoring.
- Builds relationships that nurture provider partnerships and
seeks broader value-based business opportunities to support the
local market strategy.
- Responsible for Cigna's cost of care, affordability, network
composition, and competitive position for commercial networks.
- Responsibility for network and business strategy for other
customer segments such as Medicare and individual, should they
apply to the market.
- Initiates, nurtures and maintains effective channels of
communication with matrix partners including but not limited to,
Claims Operations, Medical Management. Credentialing, Legal,
Medical Economics, Compliance, Sales and Marketing and
- Responsible for meeting unit cost targets, while preserving an
adequate network, to achieve and maintain Cigna's competitive
- Lead collaborative, value-based relationships with local
- Assists in resolving elevated and complex provider service
complaints. Researches problems and negotiates with
internal/external partners/customers to resolve highly complex
and/or escalated issues.
- Manages key provider relationships and is accountable for
critical interface with providers and business staff.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of providers in an
assigned geographic area through understanding the
interrelationships as well as the competitive landscape.
- Responsible for accurate and timely contract loading and
submissions and interface with matrix partners for network
implementation and maintenance.
- Should possess a bachelor degree. Significant industry
experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor degree. MBA or
- Minimum of 5 years contracting and negotiating experience
involving complex delivery systems and organizations required.
- Prior experience managing direct reports and leading project
teams in a non-centralized work environment preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing key provider
relationships including senior executives.
- Knowledge of complex reimbursement methodologies, including
incentive based models required.
- Demonstrated experience in seeking out, building and nurturing
strong external relationships with provider partners.
- Intimate understanding and experience with larger, more complex
integrated delivery systems, managed care, and provider business
- Team player with proven ability to develop strong working
relationships within a fast-paced, matrix organization.
- The ability to influence both sales and provider audiences
through strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience
with formal presentations.
- Customer centric and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates managerial courage and change leadership in a
- Superior problem solving, decision-making, negotiating skills,
contract language and financial acumen.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office tools.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global
health service company dedicated to improving the health,
well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with
colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health
services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions.
Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an
unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of
health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our
subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that
enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or
related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or
familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online
application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
Keywords: Cigna, Nashville , Provider Contracting Sr Manager, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!