Company: Ole Mexican Foods
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB TITLE: Route Sales Driver
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for sales, delivery and
merchandising of products to customers.
20% Driving to customer locations
10% Unloading product restocking shelves and rotating
5% Invoicing and issuing credits to customers.
10% Loading product into truck and counting inventory.
10% Completion of settle-up sheets and expense reports.
5% Collection of payments from cash accounts or delinquent
5% Recording mileage logs and driving records. Keeping DOT
paperwork in accordance to law
5% Fueling truck and submission of truck for scheduled
- Sales and Servicing accounts on a, daily, weekly or bi-weekly
basis to ensure ample, fresh product is stocked for all current and
new customers assigned to the route or found by the sales
- Driver calls on established customers along the route and
persuades regular customers to accept delivery of increased amounts
of goods or of new products, even though the initial sale or
agreement for delivery was made by someone else in corporate or at
- Greet Store attendants including and no limited to back door
receiver were apply, owners, department manager or any person
customer responsible for purchasing or authorizing orders from ole
- If a store did not carry a particular Ole product, Sales /
driver would try to sell it by pointing out that it had sold well
in other stores.
- Sales / driver would also try to improve the placement of
certain goodsfor example, he would sometimes negotiate for space or
additional better space to increase sales therefore make more money
on commission . The attendant would check Mezas list of goods to be
purchased or restocked, and approve or reject the order
- Rotate and restock product on shelves to prevent product from
exceeding expiration date, and to ensure freshness. Customer
complaints and a high number of credits means the sales / driver is
performing this duty poorly.
- Accurate entry of quantities and prices when issuing invoices
and credit memos to customers. Verify quantities and correct
product codes on DSD tickets and receiving documents and have
receiver sign invoices and/or receiving documents.
- Count truck's inventory for accuracy and verify product
transfers before signing. The driver is responsible for all product
loaded to his/her truck.
- Timely and accurate completion of expense reports and settle-up
documents. The cash collected and turned in each week must match
the paperwork. Count all cash received and review checks for
accuracy before accepting them from customers. Once you accept cash
from a customer, you are responsible for turning it in during
settle-up. Receipts are required to verify expenses.
- Sales / Drivers are responsible for collection of payments from
cash accounts, seven-day charge accounts, and delinquent accounts
on their route. If a driver accepts a bad check, he/she must
collect the payment plus an additional $35 fee.
- Sales /Drivers are responsible for maintaining a valid driver's
license and all driving records as required by the D.O.T. All
routes must enter their beginning and ending mileage on each week's
expense report. Drivers whose MVR or driving record falls below
acceptable standards may face probation, suspension of driving
privileges, or termination.
- Drivers are responsible for the safety and maintenance of the
vehicles they drive. Daily maintenance is checking and adding fuel,
air, oil and water as necessary. Drivers need to take their vehicle
to specified service center for scheduled maintenance or repairs.
All accidents must be reported immediately to your supervisor and
the home office. No matter how minor the accident, call the police
and complete an accident report.
- College degree in business - independent, self-motivated, and
- Knowledge of basic computer functions, (downloading documents,
email, internet, Microsoft Word, etc.)
- Work independently and display a professional demeanor
- Effective communicating and problem solving skills.
- 1+ years experience in Retail, Sales, or a Field Based
- Personal access to functional tools such as Smart phone or
Smart pad and computer.
- Communicate timely with Management through phone or
- Be able to lift up to 35lbs, walk, stand, bend, and stoop for
long periods of time.
- Access to reliable and insured vehicle with current and valid
Keywords: Ole Mexican Foods, Nashville , Route Driver, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!