Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott Molecular, we realize the potential of personalized
care as the laboratory's most trusted and preferred source for
molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott
Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a
legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
Abbott Molecular currently has an opportunity for an Enterprise
Account Executive. The Enterprise Account Executive position sells
the entire AMD product line to large; complex strategic named
accounts and/or strategic named prospect accounts. This role is the
guardian of the strategic customer relationship and is focused on
retention; penetration and net new customer selling.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Responsible for driving profitable revenue and closing
opportunities within strategic named accounts by initiating;
developing and/or delivering unique solutions that result in
improved customer outcomes and benefits Abbott; ensures all
commitments are met. Investigates and understands the strategic
account and their business environment including goals; objectives;
strategies and competitive situation. Identifies industry trends
and changing market regulations and understands impact on strategic
Primary responsibilities include: 1) establishing and building
senior level relationships and leveraging them in driving new
profitable sales and protecting base business; 2) understanding and
assessing customers' business objectives; strategies and therefore;
requirements; 3) identifying innovative solutions to meet account
needs; 4) leading an internal 'selling team' (territory sales
representative; specialists; others) to maximize growth; 5) overall
account management including detailed account planning and sales
- Maintains a detailed understanding of customer decision makers
and influencers; builds and preserves customer relationships to
leverage in driving new sales and protecting base business.
- Identifies opportunities or acts upon previously identified
opportunities to prepare and deliver account-specific Abbott value
proposition resulting in positive action.
- Understands; analyzes and accurately interprets key financial
performance indicators for strategic accounts and how Abbott's
solutions will impact targeted financial objectives.
- Negotiates contracts resulting in long-term commitments.
- Provides leadership and direction regarding all Abbott
interactions with strategic accounts; acts as a trusted advisor to
- Integrates information from ongoing business analysis and
assessment into a multi-year plan and leads through persuasion and
personal influence an internal 'selling' team to develop an
actionable account strategy with short-term tactics to achieve
- Coordinates all appropriate Abbott resources to execute the
strategic account plan including assigning roles; expectations;
responsibilities and timelines; engages members of the team through
ongoing communication; tactical planning and execution.
- Acts as an internal advocate for the customer; cultivates
Abbott internal relationships and leverages to drive business
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 7+ years' experience in enterprise account sales in the
Diagnostics or Medical Device industry is required.
- Ability to travel 50% domestically.
- Ability to examine business environment and develop/execute in
response to market opportunities.
- Cross-functional team leadership experience required.
- Strong internal and external networking skills.
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills.
- Strong personal skills to develop and enhance long-term
- Advanced analytical and communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent organizational
- Strong computer skills.
- Broad knowledge of general laboratory practices.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at
www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Abbott
and on Twitter @AbbottNews.