Company: Wayne Brothers Companies
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Position Title: Concrete FinisherLocation: Nashville, TNSalary
Interval: Salaried, Non Exempt
Position DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARYThe Concrete Finisher must work
safely and productively on various sized Concrete Construction
and/or Civil and Infrastructure project sites. A successful
candidate in this role must be highly motivated and willing to
complete any task assigned, along with performing the essential
duties of the Concrete Finisher position. All employees are
expected to communicate, always build relationships with other team
members, and use good judgment. The Concrete Finisher is expected
to have the ability to perform all duties of the positions
preceding it in its specific career path, while being responsible
and accountable to complete any other tasks assigned.ESSENTIAL
- Uses and monitors quality and production of straight edge and
"magic screed" to level/shape freshly poured concrete.
- Checks rod floor for flatness.
- Assists with truck chute and pump hose to place fresh
- Uses "edger", jointers, and straight edge to edge and joint
concrete floors as required.
- Finishes slab edges using hand tools.
- Operates forklifts (with certification) to convey concrete
finishing equipment between trucks and floor slabs and decks during
and after the concrete finishing process.
- Operates light and advanced equipment (e.g., truss-type
hardener spreader, truss screeds, bull floats, and lifting
equipment, etc.) to level and treat concrete slab surfaces.
- Operates at advanced level trowel machinery and equipment in
the concrete finishing process.
- QCs and patches defects with cement mortar as necessary or
- Applies specified amounts of surface hardeners on concrete to
produce special surfaces.
- Ensures concrete slab with curing mats or waterproof paper.
Wires corners of mats to top edge of forms or stakes, or places
weights such as boards, rocks, and/or sandbags to keep covers in
- Coaches and trains apprentices and Concrete Finisher
- Cleans and properly maintains all hand and power tools used to
place and finish fresh concrete.
- Complies with all applicable company, state, and OSHA safety
rules, regulations, and guidelines at the job site.
- Reports any job site and/or WBC employee related safety
violation(s) to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Serves as a safe and productive member of a finishing
crew/team.PM20Position RequirementsEducation and/or Experience
- High School Diploma / GEDKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic level communication (Reading, writing and comprehending
technical documents, safety regulations, checklists, responding to
- Safety awareness (Ability to recognize and correct safety
- Detail Orientation (Ability to pay attention to details in
order to follow instructions and execute work in accordance with
specifications and safety/quality standards.
- Basic level reasoning (Ability to comprehend and carry out
verbal or written instructions while understanding how to
problem-solve and complete task(s) when dealing with one
- Report major equipment repair needs to foreman, superintendent,
or service center supervisor.
- Tag out equipment that needs major mechanical or safety
- Report any safety incidents to appropriate supervisory
- Screed concrete by hand.
- Screed concrete with mechanical power tools.
- Consolidate concrete with concrete vibrator.
- Establish grade pads for screeding elevation.
- Check rod concrete
- Push/pull concrete to grade using come along/shovel.
- Float concrete along penetration and edges using a hand
- Generate various output file formats (.dwg, .pdf,.icf, etc.)
from model as needed
- Place dowel baskets during concrete placement
- Drive grade pins below grade after concrete grade pads have
- Load/unload appropriate tools in/out of company truck.
- Drive crew truck/trailer to/from job site
- Apply evaporation retarder.
- Apply dry shake surface hardener.
- Add fibers and admixtures to concrete trucks as required.
- Install poly slip sheets.
- Perform all assigned roles, responsibilities, and related work
processes / tasks in the safest possible manner. Ensure that a
safe, accident/incident-free work environment is maintained for all
co-workers, customers, clients, suppliers, etc. at all timesWorking
- Working outdoors, exposed to changing temperature and weather
conditions. - frequently.
- Exposed to loud noises
- Walking and riding on uneven terrain.
- Wearing Personal Protection Equipment at all times.
- Traveling by land or air and staying out of town overnight -
- 40 to 60-hour work weekCertificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver's License
- First Aid / CPR - preferred
- OSHA 10 Certificate - preferred
- WB Rough Terrain Forklift CertificationPhysical Demands
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Lifting, carrying, and moving up to 90 lbs.
Equal Opportunity EmployerWayne Brothers, Inc is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Read our
Keywords: Wayne Brothers Companies, Nashville , Concrete Finisher, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!