Lead Application Architect
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description Lead Application Architect - 2101611 Job :
Information Technology Primary Location : TN-Nashville-3401 West
End Ave Organization Shift : Days Description JOB SUMMARY This Lead
Application Architect provides expert leadership in the
architecture and design of applications. The Lead Application
Architect works with customers to document and analyze business
need and provide documented solutions and recommendations.
Strategic lead between business partners and Health IT. KEY
- Collaborates with customers to review business requests.
- Provides documented solutions and recommendations for business
- Maintains documentation on application and integration
- Develops and maintains governance of application and
- Defines and ensures compliance to enterprise reference
- Defines future technology strategy, standards, roadmap from
current to future landscape.
- Contributes to integration as well as the functional and
technical design of applications.
- Provides mentorship of staff
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the
position and additional duties may be assigned. TECHNICAL
CAPABILITIES APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
- Is a recognized expert and authority in applications standards
and procedures. Responsible for weighing the risk of developing an
application within the total corporate architecture. Establishes
standards for state-of-the-art products and mission-critical
procedures which require the highest level of expertise and
knowledge. APPLICATIONS SYSTEM DESIGN - (EXPERT):
- Is considered an expert in conducting systems design tasks and
structured systems design, if applicable. Called upon to design
systems for the most demanding and sensitive mission-critical
applications. Often consulted for reviewing systems designs to
assure accuracy, completeness and integrity. APPLICATIONS SYSTEMS
- Is a recognized enterprise-wide expert and authority on the
Company's systems architecture. Used as an internal resource for
strategic direction regarding corporate systems architecture. Takes
a lead role in preparing strategic plans for computing
architecture. Stays abreast of new and emerging technology and
evaluates their potential for improvement on the systems
architecture of the company. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Organizational Impact: Plans and sets own objectives to deliver
against responsibilities that have a direct impact on the near term
results of a system or institution.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Solves highly complex
problems and recommends solutions that may have broad impact to the
- Breadth of Knowledge: Viewed as the technical expert at VUMC
within a professional area and a broad knowledge of other
- Team Interaction: Leads complex project teams; coaches and
guides team members and develops strategy for project execution.
CORE COMPETENCIES SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P5):
- Develops Self and Others: Acts upon constructive feedback from
all levels of the organization and initiates strategies to develop
talent in others.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Leverages relationships and
insight to forecast potential future needs and influence delivery
of work to exceed expectations.
- Communicates Effectively: Anticipates different audience
concerns, styles and finds mutually beneficial solutions across
conflicting and sensitive issues. DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES
- Serves Others with Compassion: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge
of broad-based issues and considers the interests of others to
improve satisfaction of services.
- Solves Complex Problems: Critically evaluates complex
information and identifies trends/ risks to make recommendations to
improve processes across areas.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing feedback
and development discussions to motivate and support team members to
maximize performance. ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P5):
- Performs Excellent Work: Anticipates problems or obstacles
which may interfere with quality standards and develops plans to
ensure area's quality standards are met.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Routinely draws upon valuable
learning from others, past experiences, and new information to
determine key opportunities.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Develops
appropriate corrective actions for unsafe environments in order to
ensure operational and safety compliance. MANAGING RESOURCES
- Demonstrates Accountability: Identifies potential obstacles to
goal achievement and develops solutions to address those
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Creates the appropriate
systems and processes to effectively manage resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Applies in-depth knowledge of data
to recommend and implement new approaches to improve decision
making capabilities. FOSTERING INNOVATION (P5):
- Generates New Ideas: Identifies opportunities and leads
development of new initiatives that create value across areas.
- Applies Technology: Creates the energy and drive for
self/others to identify and leverage technology in new, innovative
ways to drive greater efficiencies.
- Adapts to Change: Anticipates the change process and clearly
communicates impact on others/own team(s), assisting them in
embracing the change. About the Department: Health IT
HealthIT--provides the best health information technology tools
that support Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of:
- Improving the health care of individuals and communities
regionally, nationally and internationally
- Providing transformative learning programs Our tools, which
form the digital arteries of VUMC, are either developed in-house by
our innovative product teams or selected from the most cutting-edge
solutions available in today's ever-changing marketplace. Our 500
colleagues provide ongoing support over each product's entire
lifespan, ensuring that the tools are meeting the evolving needs of
the Medical Center's 24,000 colleagues. Our solutions are driven by
the incredible work and research of our colleagues throughout
Vanderbilt--and supported through a close partnership with--
VUMC--Information Technology (VUMC IT) . The strong collaboration
among our teams means that VUMC can respond to clinical and
operational issues with agility and innovation. Together, we ensure
VUMC remains a leader in its pioneering use of healthcare
information technology. Discover Vanderbilt University Medical
Center: Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global
crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a
community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple
aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will
be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged.
It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they are part of something that is bigger than
themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle
for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to
advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient
care, education, and research. Because we are committed to
providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are
proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: --#1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and
metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of
the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty
programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe
Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the
Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric
specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: --Among the nation's 100 "most-wired"
hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical
- Becker's Hospital Review: --named as one of the "100 Great
Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health
Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100
Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: --One of only 10 children's hospitals in
the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: --The
School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: --Received our third consecutive
- National Academy of Medicine: --22 members, elected by their
peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index:--6 th --year
in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in
LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.-- Basic Qualifications POSITION
- 7 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree or--relevant work experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force
occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of
equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Nashville , Lead Application Architect, Other , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!