The Therapy Team leader assists the Director of Therapy
Operations in day to day operations of a therapy team or
discipline. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective supervisory skills along with good
communication skills for interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in licensed discipline evaluation,
assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of therapist
assistants and technicians.
- Assists with staffing, scheduling, orientation, training and
communications to provide adequate coverage for patient
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital
departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are
- Typically provides patient care in licensed discipline 80% -
90% of work hours.
The Therapy Team Leader helps create an environment and culture
that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or
exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff,
holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to
improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the
department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of
the department's performance. The Team Leader creates an
environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its
mission by helping staff to improve their clinical skills, and
overall performance, through staff development and mentoring. This
position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the
delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent
patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an
inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and
accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and
sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an
on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served
in the hospital.
Job Code: 100019
License or Certification:
- Must have current state license or certification; in states
where licensing is not required, defer to state practice act.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by
Education, Training and Experience
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree or higher from an
accredited therapy program preferred
- A minimum of three years discipline specific or leadership
experience required, with no less than 2 years being clinical.
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or
specialty professional certification, preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Working knowledge of discipline specific therapy
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects
weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment
and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing,
and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends and/or
evenings if needed to meet job requirements.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster
situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a
disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 2201 Children's Way, Nashville 37212
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2022860